"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, June 15, 2008

To our dAdDy!



I always have these 'amazing' and 'wonderful' ideas for Father's Day.
Most of the time so far...I don't live up to my own expectations, but I don't think Matt minds. Afterall...he didn't know what my expectations were!


This year, I admit, Father's Day snuck up on me. But I wasn't going to let that stop me from trying my best to make a wonderful day for him.


I knew I only had one place that I needed to go gift hunting...CABELAS...duh!


I had several ideas.
The boys made their cards and we bagged the gifts...that would fit.


I knew when he opened the 1st gift, he would know the rest, but I loved seeing his expression...when he realized what it meant.




I asked the kids to help cover daddy's eyes while
I got the big gift out of the van.





He is pretty excited about his new 'smoker'.
I think he's on dinner duty for a while!




I love this guy!



Then there was a few games of attack UNO outside



always a bit of wrestling



Matt,

You are a wonderful father to our 4 kids. I love that they can't wait for you to come home at night. I love watching them climb up on your lap and just want to snuggle. I love that you create opportunities to spend time with the boys (camping, hunting, fishing, golfing, xbox-ing, wrestling, etc). They all love you so much and love being with you whenever they can.

I love your hugs. I love your "i love you's" and "sorry's". You are much better at the later than I am. I love that you have patience with me and know when to listen. I love that you let me have my random 'melt downs' and just smile and give me a hug and kiss without trying to 'fix' it.

I love that you support me in what I do. I know it isn't always easy to be married to an independent strong willed wife...but we make a great team. I love that you are the first one to say sorry if we argue. I love that you appreciate what I do for our family.

I love that you are strong in the gospel and have such a wonderful testimony. I love that you enjoy giving service to others and take joy in it.

I love you so much and I am so thankful that I married you for 'time and all eternity'.

hugs to you!

Ali

Pin It!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Looks like a fun, well-deserved day for the Papa of the Haley clan! Happy Father's Day, Matt! Thanks for marrying this girl (that I love, too!) and building such a wonderful life and family with her. I am glad to see yo both so happy! And I admit to being a little teary after reading Ali's letter... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...