"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Daddy's Hands

by: Sue Lauie


I love my dad in every way.
He has something special, you see.
I'm going to tell you some reasons why
His hands are important to me.


They'll baptize me, confirm me,
And bless me when I'm sick.
They're folded when he prays for me.
They help others-really quick!

They lift me when I'm tired,
They boost me up to see,
And I love it when they clap real loud,
Especially for me.

My Daddy's hands catch scary bugs,
They give me many hugs and pats,
And wrestle with me on the rug,
Lift me carefully to his lap.

My Daddy's hands are helping hands
To anyone in need.
They also turn the pages of
My story when we read.

Daddy's hands can comfort me,
Can guide me, give me aid.
And often Daddy holds my hand
When I'm troubled or afraid.

His hands work very, very hard
To give us all we need.
I know that through my daddy's hands
My life is blessed indeed.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Just letting you know I was here and that I enjoyed your blog!

Lara said...

I love this!! Happy Father's Day to the hubby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...