"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

tetherball joys!


don't you remember the joys of tetherball growing up? If you don't...you missed out. I remember having a tetherball at my house and playing all the time with my siblings and other neighbor kids.



I thought it would be fun to do the same thing for the boys. They love playing tetherball at school and talk about 'beating the best kids' sometimes, but they need to 'practice' to get better. Morley also needed to help make something 'useful' to complete his WOLF for Cub Scouts.







+




=



They are playing for hours at a time and that makes for one happy momma!

Pin It!

8 comments:

Joanne said...

I do remember our tetherball being well used, congrats on finishing a fun project...the kids will have a blast.

Dad/Pa

Anonymous said...

I remember playing tetherball AT YOUR HOUSE! How fun to see the kids doing the same thing with each other! I'll have to remember to make one for my kids when they are old enough!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

WAY COOL! I will show this idea to hubby and I might 'steal it' for my kids. Thanx for sharing, Alison! :)

Darci said...

Great memories. Next time I'm at your place . . . you're on!

Her Royal Highness said...

You know - that is a great project! I, as well as Mr. fantastic, LOVE to play tetherball! I think I might have to make one of those myself! Or get Popeye to do it!
How did you get the cememnt to not stick to the ground through the tire?

Anonymous said...

I ruled Lincoln Elementary's tetherball. The most exciting time was when I hit the "popular" girl in the face. Don't mess with athletisism of the Haleys!

Aaron & Nancy said...

This looks so fun. Now Justin wants to make one for our family. Hours of fun...sounds good to me!

Sara said...

Fun! And fun project, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...