"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Saturday, June 28, 2008

gArAgE sAlE sUcCeSs

I have a love/hate relationship with garage sales.

They are a lot of work BUT...
A person can also rake in the cash!

I decided about 2 weeks ago to do a garage sale, by myself...meaning no husband or friends participating! I did have a pretty big sale last year so I thought I wouldn't find much to sell this time.

WOW...I had a lot of stuff hiding!

I filled 3 very long banquet tables and my picnic table plus I had a "clothes line" full of clothes and coats. WITH JUST MY STUFF!!! I know you are dying to find out how much I made...

$310...selling my JUNK!

I sold all my big items too, after the sale had ended! LOVE THAT!

So after many late nights and a very early morning (people were coming by at 6:30 am)...
I would call it a very successful day!!!

I think I'll make this a 'tradition'. If feels so good to be rid of all that 'clutter'!


I guess it is true...'one person's trash is another's treasure'.






Pin It!

4 comments:

Darci said...

The sales are a lot of work, but it feels so great to see unwanted things walk away never to return!

Sarah J. said...

Wow... you've almost tempted me to have one. I've never done one- sometimes it's just too easy to take everything to the DI truck. Guess I'll rethink that now. Way to go! Now go buy yourself something fun!!!

Her Royal Highness said...

WooHoo!!! $310 is a great return for such hard work. I'll be having mine in 2 weeks and we have some pretty large items that I want to get rid of. However, I price myself dirt cheap because I want to get rid of it fast. (I'm talking a table saw - with table - for about $30...) I think the most expensive thing Troy's going to try and sell is his weight set. It's nice & still practicall new. he'll ask a couple hundred for that, easy. I don't know if he'll get it, though.
You had great advertisement, too!

Sara said...

Way to go, girl! I have been dejunking and preparing as well! Hope my luck is as good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...