"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Friday, June 27, 2008

it's official...it is hot...we've attended the pool




we officially started our pool attendance this week! They do charge for the 'baby pool' now, which is a total bummer...but the 5 of us can get in for $3.25...that is still a pretty good deal!
Both days we went it was about 96 degrees...and no wind...

SCORCHIN' HOT!


I was a little nervous to experience the pool with Ella this year, but she LOVES it! I am pretty sure she just thinks it is a huge bath tub! The little stinker would NOT keep her hat on though...good think I had 50 spf sunscreen for her!





Drew tried the diving board for the first time and did a great job swimming. We need to finesse the technique a bit...but he get the gist of it.






Morley has moved on to 'tricks' off the diving board and even jumped off the
high dive a few times.




Brayden is just happy as a clam to be in the 'baby pool' with Ella and I. He can play with all the toys, have snacks and hang out with his little friends.







We survived 2 hours at the pool each day...and let me tell you...bed time was a breeze!
Pin It!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, sadly, gone are the summers I spend 3 or 4 days a week at the pool...we're now making it a once a week 'treat' b/c of the cost. The library is officially the last free thing left. Ho hum, at least the pool is a reasonable price, I'm thankful for that! Glad you guys had fun! :)

Sarah J. said...

Looks like a blast! That's how I remember spending my summers... perfect for kids.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! The weather has finally turned for the better here also.

Aaron & Nancy said...

I wish we had a public pool. Luckily, our friend has invited us to her club as "guests" anytime we like. I just feel a little guilty when I show up with five kids! There isn't a better way to beat the summer heat!

Darci said...

We were so lucky to grow up with a pool and now I still get to enjoy it. We had a pipin' hot weekend too and couldn't resist swimming in the 66 degree water. Yup, the heater hasn't been geared up for the summer quite yet. After the first few minutes of shock from the coldness . . . it actually felt great. 90+ degrees can make a woman do crazy things! =)

Sara said...

So fun! LOVE LOVE LOVE the goggles! I am still chuckling! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...