"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

they only cost $20



while at our friends home in Colorado over the weekend,
Drew & Zack had a great time together.

One of their 'activities' involved purchasing toads from a neighbor boy for
'just $20 bucks'.
They were very proud of themselves...until they were taught a tough lesson about right & wrong.

LESSONS:
1. don't let big kids talk you into doing something you don't want to do
2. don't use other people's money to purchase toads
3. ask your parents permission before you purchase ANYTHING
4. what is the true value of a toad? FREE


Since these two 6 year olds really don't know the "true value of money" they actually spent $31 for 2 toads. We did recover all the cash and returned the toads!


oh...the lessons of life


don't you just love their "what?" expression looking at each other!?!?!
Pin It!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drew, I miss you and all your adventures! Love, Auntie Sarah

Darci said...

Now that's a lesson he'll never forget! Too funny.

Kris said...

That was so utterly classic!

Jill said...

Spendy Toads! How did they get the money in the first place?!

Joanne said...

Toads are priceless, what are you talking about!

Some good teaching went on.....

Dad

Sara said...

Oh, the mind of little boys... I so understand!

I am utterly impressed that you were actually able to return them! I think we'd have been stuck with them for life! (Or until someone left one out and it hopped away!)

Aaron & Nancy said...

I love this story. Justin was reading it over my shoulder and couldn't believe they actually paid that much. Bring them to the pond and they can have all they want for FREE!

Esther Ogden said...

Hi there! This is Esther! I changed my blog to private, but would like to invite you view it by email, but I don't even know your first name! My email is essygene@yahoo.com (that is my safe one-I will give you my good one later!) Would you send me your email? You can ask Jill-I am not a psycho! =)

Jill said...

Hey Ali you out of town or what?! You never go this long without a post!
And to Esther (ess), um, hello, ya you are psycho!;) You didn't bother to tell me you went private and totally changed your blog name! Famiy hello!!! I want an invite to your new blog!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...