

I have incorporated a high protein low carb way of eating.
It is going well...except for today. I have never really given
COTTAGE CHEESE a fair shake...
so I thought I would have some this morning with some
MANDARIN ORANGES on top.
I tried it...and EeeeeeeeWwwwwwwwwwww!!!
How do people eat this stuff? I don't know if it the texture, smell, taste...or what that just is yucky to me. I can pretty much eat anything...but I had to SHOVEL this down...the entire 1/2 cup worth. I know...such a huge amount.
Brayden wouldn't even try it...and is like "Mikey"...he'll try most things.
So really, how do people eat this stuff? My mom and sister really like it...
So my question is...how do you eat your COTTAGE CHEESE...
do you enjoy it or just get through it?
I would rather eat it because it is pretty healthy...
so that I can get rid of the C.C. that is on me!
11 comments:
Low carb, high protein=Atkins and they have some great recipes out there. If you want some dinner ideas or anything, let me know. We eat our CC with low fat vanilla yogurt and a few spoonfuls of peanut butter mixed with some blueberries. I prefer blueberries or pineapple...mandarin oranges only if we're out of the above. 5am workouts, diet....What's next, ya gonna join Sgt Jacobsen? ;)
Sick, I agree. Can't touch the stuff unless it is in lasagna which shoots your whole low carb thing....
I eat mine on lasagna too. Not the best if you're trying to eat healthy. You are amazing, Ali, trying to exercise, eat healthy, take care of a family, blog like nobody's business...you go girl! Wish we lived closer so I could join you.
You are a funny, crazy lady! I don't mind the Cottage cheese..only in small doses..and I do like mandarin oranges, but have never had them together! You are doing great with eating right and all the other stuff you do....Atleast you do it! I just sit around and complain about my pouch of a gut! Tim says I need to run...I don't run! Good Luck!!
Try it with some crushed pineapple. Of course, I like it as a dip with Ritz crackers. It just may be one of those things you skip and find an alterative. My mom liked buttermilk. Yuck. So, we all have things we can't stomach. Mom
No way--Cottage Cheese is disgusting...it only reminds me of my thighs.
If you have to shovel it down, it is not worth it. You will start to despise your eating plan and want to splurge.
Ditch the CC
There are two healthy foods that I have forced myself into liking. One is Cottage Cheese and the other is grapefruit. Now, I quite enjoy grapefruit but the cottage cheese I too have to choke down. I've tried it with fruit but found that I ruins the fruit. So I put a little vanilla, splenda, and a dash of cinnamon and make it into a little dessert. It's not bad, not good, but not bad. And when you have deprived your body of all delicious things, it really isn't that bad.
I love cottage cheese! I love the organic kind best-it really is better! I like it with peaches-fresh or canned as well. Good luck with your C.C.(that was just cute!)
=)
Hmmm... I LOVE Cottage Cheese, especially with fruit, like peaches, pineapple or strawberries. It's a yummy sweet treat to me, so I don't have to choke it down...
It is also good with tomatoes and a little garlic salt, if you want something a little more savory.
Good Luck!
I've got an AWESOME cookie recipe with cottage cheese in it--so moist they melt in your mouth. Someone told me they like blueberries with their cottage cheese.
Post a Comment