"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, May 4, 2008

birthday party time


it is true...the party for a 1 year old is more for the mommy than the child...but it is so fun! It was just a little family party with the 6 of us. Presents, cake, dinner...she was tuckered out and ready for bed at 7:00!

She loved her toys and clothes...especially the new jammies! She is just too long for the footsie ones now! Thanks to those who mailed gifts to her!


We didn't know how Ella would engage with her cake. She is not a "must be clean" type girl, but you never know. We were laughing when she just started digging in and stuffing her face. She ate nearly the whole thing.


Ella's 'personal' cake looked cute too...until big brother Brayden ate off the frosting on the top...I did what I could to repair it. Oh well...

The "pretty" cake was the family cake...YUM! I am glad the image in my head transferred to the cake successfully, for the most part.



Spaghetti for dinner, everyone was happy about that! There wasn't too much of a "red mess" on the birthday girl, but I did give her a bath anyway since she still had cake matted in her hair!



What a fun 2 days to celebrate Ella's big day!

I think she is exhausted from all the 'extra' attention!


Hugs and kisses to everyone!

as usual...you can see more pictures of the birthday girl here

Pin It!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time had by all! Happy Birthday party, Ella! :) Cute cake!
Elizabeth

Darci said...

What a special day for little Ella! You are a great mom and always do such neat things for the kids.

Aaron & Nancy said...

The cake looks darling. I also like how well you, Ella, and the cake match. What a sweet little girl! Happy Birthday Ella!

Her Royal Highness said...

Ditto everyone else's comments. And good for you - serving cake BEFORE dinner. That's the best way to enjoy a birthday! :)

Sara said...

Darling, darling cake... as usual! And what a fun time! :)

Anonymous said...

We wish we were there to celebrate with you. Happy Birthday Ella!

The Teeples said...

Happy Birthday little Ella!
I can't believe you are one already! Looks like you celebrated it in great style.

Great Cake Ali!! She is taking after her wonderful Mom.

Love to you all,
The Teeples :)

Julie said...

Hey you're so welcome! I've gotten lots of complements on this layout. Thanks for the unique idea. Let me know when you're sick of it and I'll make you that new header.....shhhhh
:)
*Leelou*

M. Wright said...

Happy Birthday to Ella, its a little late....but we loved seeing the pictures of the event and her cute posing pictures :)

babyp-ssyluver said...

she will certainly be getting "extra" attention from me really soon her p-ssy is going to be sweeeeeeeet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...