"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

F.H.E. Haley style







with the city pond freshly stocked, we told the boys we would go
fishing for family night. Oh...the excitement!



the evening started off a little rocky...with Brayden quite
distressed that he couldn't go off on his own.


once the drama was taken care of, it was time to load up the hooks and hit the water.


they started out all in a row, it was pretty cute.


Morley was the first to catch a fish, a small rainbow trout.


then Brayden



and Drew.



I even caught one! I also ended up being the "fish duty" mom while

Matt was off doing his fly fishing thing.



I didn't mind...the boys think I am a 'cool mom'! I had scales, blood, slime and dirt all over, but it was fun! I can take a hook out of a fish no problem-O!




we fished 'til dark and the boys were not thrilled to go home...but the promise to come back soon urged them to the truck. until next time...

Pin It!

6 comments:

Mackay Family said...

I love all the new pictures. The fishing pictures are classic! I am glad that they all caught some fish. Garrett can't wait until Tanner can go with him!

Lara said...

Oh my gosh how fun! Don't you LOVE that the weather is finally good enough for stuff like this now?!

Lara said...

Oh my gosh how fun! Don't you LOVE that the weather is finally good enough for stuff like this now?!

Anonymous said...

FUN! I bet those boys had a great time with their 'cool mom!' I'm working up to the pond..it is my nemesis due to the close proximity to the un-fenced park! *grumble* These pics make me think we should do it at least once tho...hmmm

Darci said...

What a fun family night! Outdoor activities are a favorite of mine too. You are great parents.

Anonymous said...

You are defiantly a cool mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...