"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Saturday, May 10, 2008

father & son's campout



Whomever decided that Mother's Day weekend is the best weekend for a Father & Son's campout deserves an award! I am sure that not all Moms feel that way...
what if they only have 1 boys and 3 girls, for example.


Well, this mom LOVES it!
Why you ask...because I have 3 boys and 1 girl!!!


Ella and I enjoyed a fun evening of shopping and chinese takeout. I wanted to find a cute "mother's day outfit" and I think I succeeded. I know that Chinese food is in direct conflict to my "eating healthy" program...but one day this week to "splurge" is okay...RIGHT?


Back to the boys...


Matt took them to the mountains outside Laramie...2.5 hours away. No one else from the ward went (as far as we know) because the weather forcast was crummy. But the Haley boys would not have it any other way. I wanted to get a picture of them next to the truck all goofy grinned and ready to camp...but alas...I couldn't. There was a HUGE thunderstorm underway. And...they still went.

Matt said it was cold, but they still had fun. They heard coyotes howling in the night and the wind was strong...but they did sleep. They woke up to snow...but they were still having fun!
Brayden was "daddy's buddy" and helped with everything. You can see from the picture that he isn't afraid to get dirty. Drew was off climbing trees...Matt said he was about 15 feet up! Morley was having fun just hanging out and climbing all the big rocks.
I love that Matt enjoys doing these kind of things with the boys and I love even more that the boys love to go!


Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful gift for a mother of 3 boys! So glad 'the boys' had fun!! :) HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I'm glad you posted, I was starting to wonder if you fell in over there? ;)
Elizabeth

Darci said...

Matt is a great dad and the boys will always remember these special trips. Dirt does seem to find Brayden easily!

Rebecca said...

I am with you! LOVE Father/son campout and I'm thinking of rebelling that they don't have one here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...