with 3 boys, it is amazing to me that we have yet to visit the ER...
but we came close today.
Only avoiding it because the clinic was still open.
**sorry...there are some "graphic pictures'**
*
**
***
****
***
* *
*
Brayden was playing outside and fell...cutting his head open. Morley came running inside to tell me that he was laying on the ground and there was "blood all over". I sprint outside to find my sweet little boy laying on the ground with blood all over his face, hands, shirt and head.
I take a deep breath and start sending the boys to get things for me:
"Morley, go get me the phone."
"Drew, go get me a wet towel."
"Drew, wipes to clean up his face."
"Drew, I need a blanket to keep Brayden warm."
They boys were great and did everything I asked and I only had to ask once. They were very concerned about their little brother.
I called Matt and told him that he needed to come home right away and take Brayden to the Doctor. Ella was napping and I had 3 extra kids at the house so it would be much easier for Matt take him. I was able to get the bleeding to stop but I knew he would need stitches...there was "hole" in his head, not just a scratch.
Brayden was so brave and hardly crying. He wasn't able to tell me completely what happened, except he fell and hit his head on a landscaping brick. It is a good thing this mommy doesn't get queasy at the sight of blood because there was a lot!
"Drew, go get me a wet towel."
"Drew, wipes to clean up his face."
"Drew, I need a blanket to keep Brayden warm."
They boys were great and did everything I asked and I only had to ask once. They were very concerned about their little brother.
I called Matt and told him that he needed to come home right away and take Brayden to the Doctor. Ella was napping and I had 3 extra kids at the house so it would be much easier for Matt take him. I was able to get the bleeding to stop but I knew he would need stitches...there was "hole" in his head, not just a scratch.
Brayden was so brave and hardly crying. He wasn't able to tell me completely what happened, except he fell and hit his head on a landscaping brick. It is a good thing this mommy doesn't get queasy at the sight of blood because there was a lot!
So...they didn't stitch it...the STAPLED it! No local anesthetic...
just 2 staples to his cute little head.
Matt said he hardly cried and was very brave! They even sent him home with
the stapler as a souviner!
What a tough little guy. We'll need to go back in a week to get them taken out but all is well!
I love you buddy! You are very brave!
11 comments:
Okay, I don't usually comment on your blog, but I really enjoy reading it.... Oh my goodness! I so am not ready for these days when my kids fall and get hurt. And, I do have a hard time with blood! You are one brave Momma! Great job!! I hope I can tackle it with control like you did when I'm in your position.
- Jamie
I had no idea you would elevate the feet! hmm something to remember! What a brave guy! Sydney would have freaked...bad!
OH MY...and he was still wearing his Jungle Time hat too! I'm sorry to hear your little man is hurt but glad to hear it wasn't worse! Yay for the brave 'B!'
*HUGS*
Elizabeth :)
You are such a trooper Ali! Your little Brayden is so tough. I don't think I would be that tough.
Hope everything else has been going well.
Love you guys
Ooooh, yikes. You definitely handled it WAY better than I would have. I hate things like that, but I know they'll be in our future too (even with girls). My little Pieper seems to be VERY accident prone. I'm just waiting for the shoe to fall. Seems like he was a real trooper through the whole ordeal. Kudos to you AND Brayden!
Wow, aren't you just a put together mom. You seriously have never been to the ER with your 3 boys? Not even Drew's tooth? I can't believe they just stapled his head with no local. Yowza!
Oh ouch!! Hey don't worry about looking at my blog, it makes me happy you liked it! I get my backgrounds at http://bloggingbackgrounds.blogspot.com/ .... take care and good luck with those cute boys!
Not only do you have the know-how to handle the first aid trauma - you had your camera in tow, too.
Now, question - did you bring it out with you or did you have one of the boys go and get it?
I'm glad B's doing good! That's a mighty cool souvey.
No...I didn't bring the camera out with me. I think Morley went in and got it. I know I would want pictures and Brayden would probably want to see too. That is the scrapbooker in me I think. I waited until I cleaned him up quite a bit before I took any pictures too...there was so much blood!
You are amazing!! We haven't had anything that bad yet, but since I married a Behunin I'm sure we are not far behind. What a brave little guy he is!
~Lynnette
Yikes! STAPLES! We've had several sets of stitches and other miscellaneous mishaps, but staples look uncomfortable! What a brave little man... and mama! :)
Post a Comment