Conference Sunday is always a fun day! I must admit, I love to wear my "lounge clothes" all day and watch t.v. with my family! Actually, right now I am listening to Conference online while doing some blog updating!! I love being able to multi-task!!
I usually NEVER let the boys make a fort in the front room, something about the MESS drives me crazy! As Matt would say, "that is a pretty short trip". I LOVE the guy though! Anyway, back to the fort. Usually, if they want to make a fort, I require them to do it in the basement where I don't have to SEE the mess. But, between sessions this morning, the boys wanted to build a fort and I said OKAY, they looked at me rather SURPRISED. They were very HAPPY that I was NICE today! I had to snap a picture of them inside with all their pillows, animal friends and drinks. I love when they play so well TOGETHER and use their imagination! Ella was making her own fun! She has been ENJOYING crawling inside, over and on top of EVERYTHING these last few days!
4 comments:
Hee Hee! No wonder we are friends! I always make my boys build forts in the Theatre where I don't have to look at it (or worry that heaven forbid, someone will stop by and notice that children live at out house! So dumb, but at least I let them build them!)
I recently came across a GREAT quote (in last month's Ensign in an article on mothering). I loved the sentiment... "Don't worry so much about making messes. Make memories instead!" I need to tattoo it onto my own forehead, or possible order it in vinyl and permanently apply it to our Family Room wall! I keep repeating it over and over to myself!
It is so true that our little boys will only build forts from the couch cushions and "sand"-castles in the flower beds for so long until they move on to bigger things in life. I will miss this fun, creative, imaginative age where a little play-do (another highly controlled substance at our house) can entertain all afternoon! :)
Holy Cow! I just hit "publish" and realized I'd "commented" a short dissertation! Sorry so long!
I can't even post pictures from our Conference weekend. Let's just say I spent a small amount of time this morning try to "undo" what was done from the weekend!
Good times! Have all of your kids been on the move when they were so little? It seems like Morley was too.? Ella just looks so tiny!
Post a Comment