"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Whoa...what a day!




Robb & Kris that live in the Denver area,

at the Outlet Mall

It wasn't all planned until the last minute...but even down to the final details...we were still undecided!
Matt planned on going with the youth from the ward to the Temple for baptisms...and remember that the Denver Temple is a
3 hour drive
for the lovely members of the Sidney Ward!! I really wanted to tag along and do something fun as a family. We tried to hook up with our dear friends,
but it just didn't work out! We were on our own!

Since Matt had to be at the Temple for the 11:00 session, we left our house at 7:30 a.m., ready to tackle the day! We arrived nearly on time, dropped Matt off and I headed out to do some shopping with the kids...YES...ALL 4!! First stop was Old Navy...I had to exchange an online purchase...and found a few more essentials! Next was the HUGE mall nearby...oh my goodness. I was almost having a panic attack about taking all the kids in by myself...but they were so excellent! Our first plan was to find the "map" of the mall so we could hit the 2 "must go to" stores...Body Shop and Children's Place. Luckily, they were both right in front of us so we were in and out in 45 minutes. Record speed! We made it back to the Temple without getting lost and picked up Matt...but we couldn't leave without taking a few pictures of the kiddies at the temple!



We then headed out to finish our "to do's" for the day. We had to go to an Apple Store because my brand new iPod wasn't working properly. We found it...and it was in the middle of this fantastic Outlet Mall in Littleton, CO. We ate lunch at Panera Bread and killed a little time since my appointment at the Apple Store wasn't for another hour. It was perfect, the kids were pretty good, REALLY GOOFY, and hungry! I was able to get my iPod REPLACED in minutes and we were on to the next place.


goofy kids at lunch

We decided even though it was early evening...we would still take the kids to Boondocks. They were so excited! It is more than we usually...but it was worth it! We bought packages for Morley & Drew and a few extra's for Brayden. I think the biggest hit was the Miniature Golf. Matt and Drew scored multiple

Hole in 1's!!



A close second were the Go-Carts...they had a BLAST driving those!



Ella was such a trooper and was just fine hanging out with everyone and observing! We didn't leave until about 9:30 p.m. and Ella had already fallen asleep in the stroller!



The boys sacked out about 45 minutes into the drive home and I think we pulled up to the house around 1:30 a.m.!


It was an amazing day...80 degrees and full of family fun! I can't wait for the next time we can spend an entire day like this together again!

to see more of this cute family...click here
and Nana...thanks for our "letter" shirts!!!
Pin It!

10 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow, what a day of memories and FUN with the whole family. We are so glad you make the effort to create opportunites for fun and memories. That is what being a family is all about. We love you so much and are so proud of you. You are great examples of what it means to put family first and still magnify your callings. The boys look so cute in their shirts, too. Thanks for sharing. This is an amazing way to share the sweet moments of your life.
Love, Mom and Dad

Darci said...

This blogging thing is so fun. What a special day you had together. You always have take wonderful pictures. We can't wait for our reunion in August!

Darci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

So fun! I'm so sorry we couldn't hook up but I kept thinking all day what a beautiful day and great weather you were having. So glad you liked boondocks...my boys LOVE that place. I love spending the whole day with the fam and especially when they behave. Loved the pics. We'll have to pick a weekend and go hiking up at Estes Park.

Her Royal Highness said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! You must be talking about "Park Meadows". Isn't that mall amazing?!?! I love it there.

Sara said...

Looks like a crazy-fun day! Just the kind I love! :)

Sarah J. said...

You have such a cute crew! What a fun day together!

Rebecca said...

sometime unplanned is the best! Sounds like fun!

khepworth said...

I'm glad you stopped by my blog. I always love it when someone new comes along.

I've enjoyed reading through your blog and seeing all of your pictures. You have a really cute family! It's fun to see Matt. I still remember him as "Bones" from HS.

Whenever we would drive home from St. Louis, when we lived there, we always went through Sidney. And we always would say: Hey, Sarah's brother lives here. (and as we would pass Cabella's) He's probably working right now. Funny that we don't really know you, but you were our connection to Sydney.

Ellen said...

What a fun day!! Your blog is so cute. I wish our boys could play together more often. Your mom's letter shirts are cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...