"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Morley's spots

I know you all wanted to see what Morley's rash looks like...so here you go! The rash is pretty much gone from his calves and up, it looked much worse than this only a week ago. I think it is just working its way out of his body and that is why his ankles look gross. In case you want to read again what the Dr. was looking for and what Matt and I believe he has (had) here is the name: Henoch-Schönlein Purpura .

We are confident that the Dr. didn't find any problems within his body, but we feel that he is just at the very end (week 5) of the 4-6 week infection that is why it didn't show up in the tests they ran. The spots are all under the skin, so they are not bumpy at all. WEIRD!
We took him to the Dr. because we weren't sure what it was at first. They took blood and a urine sample. They didn't tell me what they were testing for because they didn't want to 'worry' me. Wasn't I already worried if I was there? Everything came back negative, and I think they were referring to any kidney damage.
Matt remembers having the same thing when he was like seven, so we called his mom and she remember what the name was. Back then, he had to go to 10 different doctors to get a correct diagnosis. With the internet and good memory, we were able to diagnose it. We sick only a few days and the spots faded. He's on the mend!


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...