does it ever end? will i stop worrying about the pounds that love me so much? will i just stop and decide, "hey...this is the new me...so deal with it?" obviously...the answer is no the above proposed questions. i have been blessed with "big bones" like my dad. my dear sisters were blessed to be built my mom...who is 120 pounds soaking wet. she is a petite little thing...me on the other hand: i have never been categorized as petite my whole life...
maybe except when i was a newborn!
so...as i am approaching the 1 year mark of giving birth to ella...my 4th baby...i ask myself...what is realistic? do i accept that this is my new and "improved" mom body or do i FIGHT for what is rightfully mine...a tone, lean, yet curvy body? you can have those 3 simultaneously, right?
i am at THAT POINT in my quest for the before mentioned body that i want to give up. those last 10-15 pounds that are ever so good at evading my workouts and better eating skills. i am thankful that i have reached and passed my "pre-pregnancy weight" but i want more! that is normal right? i mean...is it too much to ask to want "things" back where they used to be and a tummy that wasn't so icky? i'll spare more details in case any of the male gender are reading...but for you moms...you know what i speak of.
when i go to they gym at 5:45 A.M....i watch a few of my friends get their butts kicked by their personal trainer as i run on the treadmill. i think to myself..."i should do that"...then i think..."why would i want to put myself through that?"
as i am yawning and wiping the sleep from my eyes, i try to stay focused on why i am there running, running & running some more. then i start working on the weights. now, i have never been really trained on how to use the different machines...i just watch and try to do the same thing. i am SO SORE today...i worked on my arms yesterday and HOLY COW...am i just THAT out of shape, did i do too much weight or too many reps?? i have no idea. it is a good soreness though...i know that i will see results...eventually. i've decided that this 31 year old, 4 baby bearing body needs a little extra TLC.
yes, an entire post is dedicated to the weight war. to those that have won, congrats. to those that are still fighting...fight on...i am fighting with you.
i will conquer and win the war!!
this is obviously NOT my body-just my head. it is my "inspiration" picture. though no one would ever see these abs if they were mine...i would still like to have them.
dreaming is okay!

13 comments:
NICE! You can have a version of that body if you really want it that bad! =) I am excited for nice weather and long walks to get myself in shape again. YOU GO GIRL!
I wish it only took nice long walks to get back into shape! I want my tummy back too! I hate everytime you (me) sit down you (I) have this nice little flop over the top of your jeans...muffin top! Everytime you wear a fitted shirt you`try to suck it in, but then you can't breath! Ya not lovin it! But atleast you are out there workin it! I have a big ball that I sometimes do stuff with, but not often enough! So I applaud you for working on it! I only want the abs of your pasted on head body!! :) love ya!
GREAT post! Just the motivation I need to get my butt BACK to the gym. Seems I'm in what do you call it? A slump?!? I think you look great (and I'm not just saying that to be nice...)! Girl... you've had 4 babies, be proud of watcha' got (don't we wish it were just that easy?!?). yeah... I'll stop now... and go to the gym. ;)
What are you talking about?! I think you look amazing! I wish I was back at my PrePreg weight..
lara...your baby is only a few months old...you have plenty of time. Age is on your side too!?!
Oh, girl, ain't it the truth?
(I have LOTS of advice... sorry for the 'Novel' but this is one of my soapboxes...)
Just remember this... even at your thinnest, you will not be "happier". Sure you might like what you see in the mirror better and fit into smaller jeans but don't fool yourself into thinking that a hot, rockin' body will yield unending happiness. Instead, it usually brings even more (yes, MORE!) obsession about food, exercise and weight than you are feeling now.
Also, remember that physique is 80% diet and only 20% activity. Meaning, monitoring what goes IN is MUCH more important than worrying about trying to burn it OFF afterward!
Not to say that it isn't GREAT to work out! You are so good to be at the Gym at 5:45 am. But I DO highly recommend getting some training, even if just for a short while, until you learn what works best for YOUR body. I worked out on my own for years and still had frustrations... after just a few short weeks with my trainer, I could already see a huge difference! Make sure you get a good one... All the weights in the world done the wrong way can sculpt your body into something other than what you want!
But don't DIET... just educate yourself on the types of food that fuel your body most effectively and don't eat for leisure. Learn to enjoy eating quality foods, in appropriate portions, but not just because you can!
Lastly, NEVER give up! This is a battle until the day you die, because you will be eating every day until then. Just keep a realistic perspective, eat WELL (more quality, less quantity), and stay active, doing things you ENJOY. You will be fine! (AND you DO look great! Don't be so hard on yourself!) :)
thanks for the tips Sara!! I do want to do this the right way so it is a lifestyle change...not a diet. I have lost 50 pounds since Ella was born (yes I am counting what I weighed on my delivery day)...so the worst is over. I am enjoying doing a low carb, high protein diet. My SIL has been very successful on that and it has worked well for me so far.
As far as a trainer...I don't know. Here in Sidney...I only have 2 choices...so we'll just have to see what their fees are.
Thanks for your 2cents...I do like getting any kind of advice and ideas that have worked for other people. I don't think I will ever be the "must work out all the time" girl...I never have been.
I think you're lookin' good! Keep up the good work. Sara had some great tips for you. I find what worked best for me (aside from my diet pills - eek!) was watching my calories. I've never counted calories before but when I started & made sure I stayed under my allotted 1200/day, I would lose weight each week.
If you're wanting a website that helps you track your calories eaten & burned, www.myfitnesspal.com is a great tool.
Keep it up!
And Mr. Fantastic just saw your "pic" and said, "Why is sister Haley wearing that?" Too funny!
Alison-
Love the picture! But, really to me, what make someone look really good is having a bright cheery attitude towards life. That is cheesy I know, but you are one that I've always thought of being happy and excited about your life and family. I think you are beautiful and you look awesome! If you're done having the babies, then you have plenty of time to get exactly where you want to be. On a side note, most of my research has shown that a woman should never have less than 1200 calories a day. That is practically starving!!
Keep up the good work. When are you taking a trip with the fam to the NW?
~Ellen
You make me laugh! I have had no motivation to go to the gym since I had Tanner! I need to get back into the routine to shed the last few pounds, but it is hard! You motivated me to get my rear in gear!
You look awesome, dear, but I know how hard it is to accept the 'now' when you remember the 'old.' Those people you see getting their butts kicked...one of them is my hubby! LOL The biggest one who wears glasses, that's mine. $100/month to have someone yell at him. I so don't get that? They do have personal trainers at the gym, maybe ask for some sessions for mother's day? Keep up the good work, girl, you WILL win that war! :)
Elizabeth :)
I think you look great! i think for me I feel like I will always have fitness goals and I like pushing myself and reaching those goals. I feel like i am in better shape now then i ever have been. But I also have 4 kids and there is nothing in the world that will make my stomach flat :) I was actually thinking of trying spanks. I have heard great things bout them! :)
You know, I am on the continuous weight train too and I think I have decided that I am not will to structure my life around having the "perfect" body. My new goals are being healthy and have plenty of energy to play with my kids. I am definitely willing to hang at the gym 3 times a week for an hour and maybe run 1-2 more times at home but beyond that I feel like it becomes too much sacrifice for my family. I love to eat healthy---most of the time, but again I am not willing to sacrifice good times (always including good food) for the hard body of my dreams. Just the facts! :0)
Post a Comment