"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

healthy snack

I am back on track with my healthy eating, as of yesterday! My exercise has remained constant, but I really slacked off on my eating. Okay...I didn't slack on eating exactly...I slacked on eating healthy! I gained some weight back and I want it gone, yesterday!

I want to snack, ALL DAY! I did really well yesterday and didn't give into my desire for the Oreo cookies in the pantry or the Girl Scout cookies calling my name!

I have tried the cottage cheese route before...HERE and several other times recently, always with fruit. I think it is just too sweet for me. The other day my friend Jenni was eating it and it actually looked yummy! 1 C. cottage cheese, 1/2 roma tomatoe, salt, pepper & italian seasoning. YUM, I really enjoyed it! Give it a try! One question though...why does it take so long to prepare a healthy snack. A snack is supposed to fast...

p.s. if you are interested in participating in a private, girls only blog focused on exercise, goals, healthy eating, support and good habits, leave me a comment with your email and I'll send you an invite. You can read more about it HERE. Right now we have 29 contributors and it is amazing!
Pin It!

15 comments:

Matt and Carla said...

Always up for healthy snacks, especially during pregnancy when I'm ALWAYS hungry, thanks!

Jenni Call said...

Yum, yum to my tum tum!! Love it

Emily Anne Leyland said...

That sounds yum. I totally do want to be in that group. I am trying to lose weight too and have found some yummy snacks as well. My friend and I were talking about doing this and it seems you ladies already have. I want in :)

The Haley Family said...

Emily, I sent your invite! Your friend is welcome too, just send me her email. Don't forget to introduce yourself! :)

Hadzters said...

The only time I have ever eaten that is at my Great Grandmas house and she lived to be 95. She was a very healthy woman!!! You just gave me a great memory!!! I bought some tomatoes today...

Anonymous said...

Oh I love cottage cheese, I'm totally going to try it!

Cook Family said...

looks delectable--can't wait to try it!

Darci said...

Am I the only one who cannot bring myself to eat cottage cheese, no matter what is added to it? I'll wait for another great snack idea, sorry sis! =) I'm glad it works for you. Great job getting back to your healthy habits.

Mackay Family said...

Never have liked cottage cheese! It is a texture thing for me! I'm with Darci and will wait for another healthy snack. :) Love the girls blog!

The Haley Family said...

Darc & Sydney...I hate cottage cheese too. It is not bad at all, I dare say it is actually yummy. Just try it, once!

Anonymous said...

So true, I ate it yesterday when I got home from work and was hungry...and brought if for my lunch today! I should probably space it out a bit so I don't get sick of it!
You two have to try it!

Krista said...

Your snack looks delicious! I would like to join your girls only blog. It sounds great! My e-mail is stat2scrap @ gmail dot com.

me said...

We like to add blueberries, a scoop of peanut butter and some low-fat vanilla yogurt. Great breakfast and the protein holds you over for a while. I don't do tomatoes but I'm glad you found a healthy snack you like! :) Keep up the good work!

The Haley Family said...

Krista, thanks for your comment! I sent you an invite!

E-peanut butter? Interesting. Do the kiddos like it?

Don't like tomatoes??

APeck said...

Sorry but that does not look good! Anything with tomatoes need to be removed from any recipe. I've started eating off one of the kiddo's small plastic plates and that has helped lose me 10 lbs. Mind over matter I suppose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...