"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, March 15, 2009

my first...WHAT?

The time has come...we have a mini-RIFLE for the boys! Matt has been wanting to purchase one of these for quite some time and he finally did it, yesterday! It was unavoidable, he works for Cabelas, after all! He surprised the boys and they were so excited! They started jumping around and wanted to hold it. Ella even wanted a turn...oh boy!! He took them out shooting and exploring yesterday afternoon and had a 'perfect day' as Matt called it! The weather was perfect, they hiked, spotted some wild turkeys, practiced their shooting, explored, climbed rocks and ate pizza! What more could a bunch of boys want?





The boys exploring and climbing...



Our beautiful Nebraska landscape. It is beautiful in its own flat, brown way...


Since Matt took the boys...I had the entire afternoon and evening to myself. Jenni and I headed to Sterling on a whim. Jenni's husband, Justin, went with Matt and the boys...so we ditched Sidney! I was looking for a few specific things, and FOUND THEM!! I have been trying to find a wine red shirt to match a pair of shoes and a new pair of black pumps. I found both...each 75% off at Maurices. I paid a total of $11.57 for the shirt and shoes, TOGETHER! I was a happy girl. Plus, it was nice to have some girl time...me and Jenni & Ella with Amelia!


We are looking forward to this week of warm weather...they say it will be in the 70's, I sure hope so!
Pin It!

13 comments:

It's me, Jenny! said...

What a fun Saturday! Hunter and Kim went shooting their guns yesterday at their club. They had fun! We picked up sticks in the yard from the winter storms...I baked bread...did scouting for food...and raingutter regata...feed the missionaries too. It as a beautiful day! We are hoping for nice weather on Tuesday too!

Mackay Family said...

The boys look like they are in heaven! Oh so fun. What a great deal on your shirt and shoes! That is awesome! I love Ella's face while she is holding the rifle. I am jealous of your 70 degree weather! I am so ready for spring!

How do you make your photo collages? I want to learn how!

Joanne said...

Congrats on the first gun for the boys, that is exciting. Some of my best memories with my Dad happened when we were shooting.

Love ya,

Dad

Joanne said...

Oh, boy . . . the boys and their toys. I'm not so sure I like seeing Ella with a gun in her hand, but I'm sure I did the same at that age. Afterall, I did have three older brothers. Nice job on your shopping trip. Love, Mom

Darci said...

What a bunch of happy campers in your house. I love the first picture. I'm impressed with the smokin' deals you found. Getting out of town is therapeutic!

The Teeples said...

I honestly can't believe it Matt held off for so long. I bet the boys are just loving life. What mine wouldn't give to join in on that fun. We will have to get our little kiddos together soon. WE miss you guys like crazy. I just love checking on you through your blog but in person would be much better.

Love ya,
Heather :)

Jenni Call said...

Those pics are so funny. Ella is going to be the next Annie Oakley!! Thanks for the fun evening!

Andrea said...

Great pics! Looks like so much fun! You need to have Matt look into job possibilities for Jer....we would SO move down there!

APeck said...

You have all that right out your backdoor! Jealous. I have just another house to look at. Anyway, sounds like fun and I'm thinking more "treats" from Cabella's are coming your way fast.

Christine said...

They all look so excited!

I love your photo collage-thingies at the bottom. The pics and the layout look so nice.

Christine said...

I meant to add that I think getting out of Sidney is the thing to do now. Just come to SLC! ;) I LOVE girl time, especially when you've got a great set of girls to spend it with.

Her Royal Highness said...

Fun fun for the boys! AND you!!! I love me a good deal! (I won't step into Maurice's until I lose those last few inches... But with deals like that, I might have to break that promise!)

Aaron & Nancy said...

Aaron and Justin just got b-b guns. Justin thinks it's so cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...