"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, September 1, 2008

the Labor Day Labors

I really do enjoy having 3 boys! I also really love that all 3 of them go with their Dad when he does hunting and fishing trips!!

That is what happened today! Matt left at 5 a.m. with all 3 boys to go Dove hunting. They (okay...mostly Matt) have been counting down for over a month for opening day. From what I hear...they had a great time, came home with some birds and 3 VERY dirty boys!



the boys hanging out with "Uncle" Willie.







The boys with their Dove...




Don't worry...there wasn't any "cruelty to animals". Just boys having a fun time, so I am told!
Yes...Morley is holding the head of the dove and Brayden has the body. Matt was teaching Morley the correct way to 'kill' the bird if it was only wounded from the shot. Apparently, Morley used a little too much force and the head popped off. EEeeewwww!!

Of course the boys thought it was hilarious, but it is all in learning, right? Sorry if this grosses anyone out! They also thought they were pretty cool when they were showing me the blood spatters on their pants. Matt said that the blood spatters are good because when you get home, you can show that you had a good hunting day!

**************************

I was up at 5 a.m. when they left. I tried to go back to sleep...but couldn't. So, I tackled my day
right then and there. I started painting at 5:30. I was able to get two family room walls repainted before Ella woke up. Then it was the dreaded laundry and crossing off several more items on 'MY LIST'. It was a great day and I feel like I got SO MUCH accomplished. Ella had fun just hanging out and being my shadow! It was so nice to have a super quiet house and do so many things with hardly any interruption!

So, yes it was another MAN DAY and GIRL DAY for the Haley's!
Pin It!

6 comments:

Darci said...

How fun to have a bonding day like that. You are much more trusting and relaxed than me - to have your three young boys hunting.

Anonymous said...

YAY for girl/man days! I'm glad everyone had a good time. Where are the pictures of your painting, ma'am? I can't wait to see how cute it turned out!

The Teeples said...

Ali,
You are such a Super Mom. You are the so good with all of your kids! I love that the boys are totally taking after Matt and that you have little Ella to pal around with. I miss you girl. I only hope we can get together soon.

love ya,
Heather ;)

Joanne said...

I remember hunting with my dad and brothers. I'm not too sure about the poor little dove. Pretty gross.

You took Labor Day to a whole new meaning. Great job on getting so much done. It really is something to feel good about. Great job my dear. Love ya, Mom

Mackay Family said...

I love that Matt takes them hunting! What a fun day for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwww! Morley you are totally grossing me out. Now go get that dove head you took out of your pocket when you got home. Remember? You put it on the shelf in your closet. It is going to start stinking up your room pretty soon, and no that is not Drew's socks.

Love,
Auntie Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...