"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Great Grandpa Olauson~good bye

this was taken in 2005 with Grandpa. 4 generation picture!


My Great Grandpa passed away this morning.

My heart hurts.

He was 94 years old.

He leaves behind :
3 children
8 grandchildren
9 great grandchildren
8 great, great grandchildren

I remember he loved to joke! He loved to play cards, especially barnyard rummy. He always said I love you and gave a kiss on the cheek! He loved his family and the gospel!

What a great legacy! I am so thankful for the Plan of Salvation and for Eternal Families. Grandpa is now with his sweetie who has been waiting for him for 5 years. He is well and happy and I am so thankful that he is no longer in pain and suffering from his afflictions!

We will miss you Grandpa! We love you!
Pin It!

7 comments:

Sarah J. said...

So sorry for your loss. He looked like a wonderful great-grandfather. I'm sure he was very proud!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your loss, Alison! *HUGS*

alison said...

I'm sorry for your loss, but you're right about the PoS, it is a GREAT comfort.

Darci said...

Grandpa was a great man who loved grandma very much. They must be so happy to finally be together again.

Courtney said...

I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you.

Joanne said...

Thanks for your little tribute and kind words for G'pa Olauson. I know that he and G'ma Olauson are happily reunited. He lived a long life with lots of family who loved him dearly. It will be hard for G'ma C. for awhile, but we know that this life is not the end for any of us. Thank goodness for that great knowledge. Love ya, Mom

The Teeples said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Ali. He looks like a fun Great Grandpa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...