"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, September 28, 2008

when the husband is away, the wife doth play

Matt went on a last minute fishing trip overnight with a few friends from work. I thought about having a few girl friends over but then decided to just enjoy an evening to myself. Doing what I want, watching what I want and EATING what I want.

So...after kids were in bed, I broke out all my card making stuff. Afterall...my card swap is on Tuesday and I hadn't even started them yet, and I wanted to make 25! And of course when I am making cards...I have my favorite snacks...that TOTALLY go against my new eating habits. But since hubby wasn't home to reign me in...I SPLURGED!!! I did get a tummy ache...but I also finished my cards. It was worth it!


These are my FAVORITE goodies...



which help the creative juices so I can create this...

. . . . . . . .


OH...and Matt had a great trip! Look at the size of that Rainbow!!

Pin It!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Can I have a slice of your creativity?! I wish I was oozing with talent like you seem to!

APeck said...

That's funny you say that. Dan took Koen with him early Saturday morning to paint and left Daradie and me. We ate cupcakes and strawberry pop for breakfast. Then headed off to watch Daradie's neighbor friends play soccer games all morning. We had quite the good little time.

Her Royal Highness said...

We have those M&M's! Nice, festive colors!!!
I look forward to the card swap. I still haven't finished mine yet. I was going to work on them this evening but then Popeye came home with his trainee because I smelled something burning in my laundry room by the furnace.
He saved the day & then we all talked for about an hour.
So I'm blogging instead. I'll finish them tomorrow night!
Yours are uber cute!

me said...

I can't live up to that card, dangit! I hope Matt got sunburnt for leaving you...tho I guess it worked out b/c you were productive and got some 'me time!' I had fun on Sat, thanx for taking me!!! :)
I think I'll make a date with some cinnamon bears & M&M's tomorrow nite to finish my cards. THANX! :)

Darci said...

Looks like you both had a fun time. Your cards are always beautiful. I think you need to teach me one of these days.

Maran said...

Cute card! Everyone has to break away from good eating habits now and then. And, it's usually worth the tummy ache. That was a huge fish. My husband would be jealous!

Esther Ogden said...

Good for you, Ali! Yummy treats although I can't have 'em until these braces are off. Way cute cards, too. You are doing well at following President Uchtdorf's counsel and creating beautiful things...it really does make us happy! =)

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs a little indulgence sometimes right? I'm sure you had it all worked out of your system by Monday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...