"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Friday, September 19, 2008

dOmEsTiCaTeD!

I canned peaches for the 1st time in my adult life yesterday! A bunch of ladies from the ward got together and helped can boxes & boxes of peaches. I was there for about 5 hours. It was fun, easy and a great way to get some 'girl time' in! I came home with 12 jars of fresh peaches! YUM!





Pin It!

12 comments:

Mackay Family said...

You really are domesticated! Those look yummy and make me want some peaches! I love being able to have girl time.

Darci said...

Working with friends is always more fun. I'm quite impressed with your new canning talent.

me said...

*clapping* Honestly, those look delish and I'm gonna be jealous in about Feb when you're enjoying those. I don't have this skill, sadly.

me said...

*clapping* Honestly, those look delish and I'm gonna be jealous in about Feb when you're enjoying those. I don't have this skill, sadly.

Joanne said...

Awesome peaches. I loved having peaches in the pantry. Good job. Mom

Sarah J. said...

Yum,Yum!! Too bad we don't live closer- I'd be over stealing them off your shelf!

Her Royal Highness said...

I wish I could've been there. Seriously a crazy Thursday for me. But I just finished mine & I'll posting about it!
congratulations to you!!!

Cook Family said...

The fruit looks beautiful--you are awesome! Thank you so much for your side bar "to do" list! It has been very inspiring to me. I made up my own very similar list and it makes me feel good I'm not the only one working so hard around my house! I agree, it is a wonderful feeling to have a clean, organized home!

Aaron & Nancy said...

Great job, Ali! I want to try canning, but didn't make it this year. Maybe next year... I did make a bunch of strawberry and peach freezer jam. That's as far as my domestication took me!

Christine said...

I hope you don't mind my coming to visit from E's blog :) I just learned to can peaches too and now E thinks that all we Mormons can do it, LOL.

I'm glad to meet you :)

William Perry said...

You can peaches now. Congrats on making that transition in your life!

Esther Ogden said...

Oh my, those look yummy! Way to go, Ali! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...