I do love the fall...the cooler days, beautiful colors and fun warm clothes to dress the kids in. But...not so soon! We are STILL enjoying 80+ degree days and hours at the park. I know it will come to a SCREECHING HALT very soon...but I am not ready.
Gone will be the days of playing outside until dark and kids exhausted from playing and running after school until they are famished and dying of thirst. Gone will be the days when the boys are scrubbing the dirt from their hands before dinner.
I better prepare for long cold Nebraska days. Prepare for the voices in my house to whine of boredom and 'it is too cold outside' statements.
Until we meet again, warm days, please don't stay away too long!
Though...I did read today in the paper that we are supposed to have a 'mild' winter...we'll see about that.
9 comments:
I LOVE the fall, can't wait. Its always too short here in Utah though. Snow comes in October half the time; hopefully the MILD forecast is true!
Enjoy your warm weather while it lasts. Fall is beautiful, but when you are gearing up for the snow, snow and more snow I guess it changes your feelings about it.
I love the new look of your blog! Its changed since the last time I visited. We went to the park today and it was in the 50's. We are desperately trying to hold onto the summer!
I agree with you. I would be happy if it just stayed fall until spring came along. I get so grumpy when it's cold outside!
I am ready for the fall...only because Tanner doesn't fit into his summer clothes anymore! It is such a beautiful time of the year!
We are in the 80's too. I love it! I hate cold weather. I love our mild winters. I don't even own a heavy coat. But then in summer when it is 105 and we can't go outside, thats when I wonder why we live her.
I'm with you- love fall but not quite ready! I tried to squeeze in another swimming day last week at the lake, but it didn't fill the summer days need. Wonder if our chances are gone til next year? Just think of Christmas, pie, and the holiday smells...that seems to be helping! =)
Yeah, these days of playing outside will be missed! I must say I think Jordan prefers to play outside when there's snow on the ground though.
I'm ready for the fall. That's just me, though. I love the changing of seasons because it always comes when I'm about fed up with the current one. Winter to spring is the best, IMO.
PLEASE be a mild winter - I don't want to drive to the doctor in a blizzard!!!
Post a Comment