"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, September 25, 2008

sporting in the fall

Drew had his first flag football game Tuesday night. It was quite fun, FUNNY and ENTERTAINING to watch! A bunch of 6 & 7 year olds running around just trying to pull their friend's flags...regardless if they have the football or not. Drew and his friend Zach kept tackling each other (they are on the same team) and totally goofed off! Oh well...it is all for run, right?





Morley started his 'running club' yesterday. They run a minimum of one mile outside (until the weather turns icky) and do other fitness activities. He opted not to play tackle football this year so he wanted to try something different! He said he really enjoyed it!





I started my city league volleyball games! Actually they have been playing for 3 weeks already, but last night was the first game I was able to play in. Since I have cub scouts every Wednesday, I can only play the really early games or the really late games.
It was so great to play the sport I love! I still REFUSE to wear knee pads...and I escaped the evening without any floor burns. I have figured out that I may still have the 'skill' but grace fullness is lacking! But, a dive was successful!


Pin It!

6 comments:

Darci said...

I'm so jealous of you playing on a league volleyball team. I'll have to look into it more here. Sounds like the boys are having a great time!

Anonymous said...

I love Volleyball! Hey were is my cute header.... get on it! ;) Thanks

me said...

Well aren't you a sporty little family! Flag football is so stinkin' cute, and their cheerleaders too! ;) I didn't know until today that LDS has their own cub scouts!

Mackay Family said...

Glad you get to play volleyball again. Drew looks so cute with his flags hanging down!

Her Royal Highness said...

Mr. Fantastic isn't allowed to play contact sports (much to his dismay), so he's missing out on that.
I wish I was playing volleyball this season. If my team were still middle level, I'd be able to pull it off - but alas, I must cheer from the sidelines.
Did you win?!

Anonymous said...

Its good to work out your adrenaline sometimes eh? I'm just glad you aren't playing church ball. It is a small town, with a small ward. You have to keep the peace in all situations right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...