"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rexburg Trip...Day 2, 3

seriously...we I took 418 just on my camera...so there will be a lot of photos...but the rest will be on our family pictures website!



Saturday the 5th was FULL of fun things planned!

We started out early, back at Porter Park, for some great volleyball games and the splash park for the kids! Matt's sister, Sarah, had planned a little 'reunion' with classmates from their high school...and their families. There were quite a few people there and tons of kids that played so well while their parents were 'playing'! I think the adults ended up playing 4 games of volleyball and the kids had SO much fun in the splash park! Ella even loved it and had a great time playing in the water! Her cousing Haley was so good about playing with her and making sure she was well taken care of! THANKS HALEY!!!




That night the entire family went up to BYU-I for a special celebration for Preston, Matt's dad. He was a football coach for 8 years at the High School and won several State Championships. Preston had planned a reunion with his players from those years of coaching! There was a pretty good turnout and it was neat to hear the players tell stories of Preston. I think it was even better for the grandkids to hear stories about their grandpa! Matt was their 'ball boy' and was Morley's age when Preston was coaching. Needless to say...none of the players 'recognized' him and must of felt REALLY old when Matt introduced his wife & 4 kids! Congratualtions Preston for a job well done!



************DAY 3*************



Of course, Matt's parents wanted to show off all their POSTERITY at church on Sunday! We filled 2 entire center benches in the chapel with everyone! Grandma was prepared and gave each family a really fun 'quiet book' that kept most of the kids entertained. I wanted to get a picture of all the grandkids in their church clothes because I knew the next 3 days they would be covered in dirt camping!


all the grandkids!



Matt & his sisters (and their spouses)...where's Vince?




We went back to the house, changed & packed up everything to head to Island Park to go camping with the ENTIRE crew, minus 2 brother-in-laws that had to back to SLC for work. We missed you Kent & Shane!

The campsite was wonderful and peaceful. Right next to a beautiful creek, trees...but one thing was no perfect...the MOSQUITOS that just were swarming as we were trying to put up our tents. At that point, I think we knew that this was just how it was going to be...to thus began the never ending sound of aerosol cans.

We ate really well camping. Sunday dinner was broccoli salad, baby back ribs & homemade bakes beans! YUM!!!!!!!!! Thanks Mary! Of course we had to have s'mores for dessert then we put the kids to bed and the rest of us stayed up and chatted around the campfire! I love that!






Pin It!

5 comments:

Darci said...

Great photos as usual. This bloggin' thing is wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Mackay Family said...

I love all of your pictures. How fun for your kids to get to hang out with all their cousins!

Courtney said...

I love all the photos! That is so cool that you got to see Jack and Amy! You look adorable!

khepworth said...

It was nice meeting you and hanging out at the park. Looks like you guys packed a lot in on your visit to Rexburg. FUN!

Sara said...

The sign of a good trip is way too many photos! :) Good job! We have been so busy living our Summer (taking LOTS of photos!) I have run out of time for blogging lately... but it looks like you are having a great summer, too! Fun Family trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...