***************************************
yes, I am late in posting our 4th of July celebration!
The day started off with us rolling into Rexburg at 6:00 AM...we left Sidney REALLY late!! The parade started at 10:00 so we didn't have much time to rest our weary little heads, and whoa...was one particular head weary...I won't say who that was.
Vince, Matt's little brother, left at 6:15 am to go and SAVE our spots along main street for 22 people!!! 12 of those being kids under the age of 11!!
On my way to our seats with kids in tow...I practically bumped into Amy, one of my room mates from my 1st year at Ricks! She was there with her hubby Jack and their 2 darling little boys. They are both working on campus now. We didn't get another chance to really chat, but it was so good to see her again!
Okay...so the parade. It was a great parade full of fun, candy and A LOT of parade-y stuff...but not enough floats. Have floats just kind of gone by the way side when it comes to parades these days?
Unfortunately, my battery on my nifty camera was dead...so I didn't get any pictures of the parade festivities of my own. I am waiting to receive pictures from those who did have operating cameras. Here are a few that have been shared with me so far.
The day started off with us rolling into Rexburg at 6:00 AM...we left Sidney REALLY late!! The parade started at 10:00 so we didn't have much time to rest our weary little heads, and whoa...was one particular head weary...I won't say who that was.
Vince, Matt's little brother, left at 6:15 am to go and SAVE our spots along main street for 22 people!!! 12 of those being kids under the age of 11!!
On my way to our seats with kids in tow...I practically bumped into Amy, one of my room mates from my 1st year at Ricks! She was there with her hubby Jack and their 2 darling little boys. They are both working on campus now. We didn't get another chance to really chat, but it was so good to see her again!
Okay...so the parade. It was a great parade full of fun, candy and A LOT of parade-y stuff...but not enough floats. Have floats just kind of gone by the way side when it comes to parades these days?
Unfortunately, my battery on my nifty camera was dead...so I didn't get any pictures of the parade festivities of my own. I am waiting to receive pictures from those who did have operating cameras. Here are a few that have been shared with me so far.
After the parade we walked down to Porter Park and hung out there for a few, okay like 4, hours. Eating, playing, a little volleyball pepper action, talking and just plain hanging out together! This was the first time all the cousins have been together is a long time and it was such a blast just watching them interact.
We headed back to Matt's parents' home and had a yummy BBQ. Then all the ladies went on a nice hour long walk and arrived back at the house just in time to start the fireworks! It was a little crazy with all the kiddos and all the sparklers and excitement but everyone survived and had a fun time. Ella actually fell asleep in my arms before it was all over!
We are so lucky to live in the country we do. I am thankful for the men & women who are fighting for us daily and sacrificing their lives so that we can live in a free country...though I know that Freedom isn't free!
I'll hopefully be adding more pictures from the days festivities soon, when I get them!


8 comments:
You know a good mom when she sacrifices sleep to take the kids to a parade!
You sure had a full couple of days to start off your trip. Family vacations are great and the next one is coming soon!
How fun! I don't think I would be functioning very well without sleep! I love the pictures of them waiting for the candy and stuff! What a fun day and I love all of the adorable pictures of your kids!
Also...I want to see Darci's blog. I don't have her email address. Would you mind giving her mine so she can send me an invite! Thanks.
Thanks for the layout advise! I can finally try to fit in with you hip Perry family bloggers!
What cute 4th of July pics, you're a trooper!
Lovin the fun slide shows! Glad you had a good 4th and a safe trip. Thanx for sharing your photos, can't wait to see the rest!
Looks like you guys had a great time! I was surprised that Sidney doesn't have a parade. Weird. They do it for Oktoberfest but not for Independence Day?!
We missed you at our celebrations but am glad that you had a wonderful time with your family!
I love the picture trail. I'll have to try that out. Your vacation looked fun, but it's always nice to be home AND clean!
Post a Comment