after our delish breakfast burritos our plan for the day was to just hang out and have a great time enjoying out last full day together!
Some of the older boys went fishing while the rest of stayed back and played in the creek, took turns in the hammock, snacked...and snacked some more, read magazines and just had a plain old good time.
Matt and I were in charge of dinner: Mayonaise Chicken, rice, steamed broccoli & french bread.
Dessert, more s'mores!
Most of us ended up going into the Haley tent to watch a movie to escape the invading mosquitos! Yeah for portable DVD players!
The night ended with sitting around the campfire, eating and telling funny stories!
*********Day 6*************
it is time to go home! Kids are caked with dirt, tired and bug bitten. However...I am not sure how Ella escaped without one bite! Poor Porter must be allergic and puffed up like Will Smith on Hitch!! (Seriously)
Cold cereal for breakfast and we started taking our little village down.
Ella wasn't awake yet when we started, so we just carried her playpen out and she continued to sleep. She was quite disoriented when she woke up outside, I think.
the kids hunted for bugs, played in the hammock a little more and tried to stay out of the way.
We stopped at Dave's IGA in Ashton for some much deserved ice cream and protein! Ella was such a dirty mess, sunburned and covered in ice cream she was trying to feed herself. We all said our goodbyes and drove on our separate ways. We did stop in Rexburg to shower before headed out on our 10 hour drive home. We didn't want to smell one anothers stink that long!
It was an amazing family vacation! It was so great to be all together for such a long time and to have so many new memories made!


3 comments:
Sounds like a blast! I love Yellowstone but haven't been there since I was a kid. I'd love to go again when the kiddos are a little older.
My favorite is the kdis watching a movie in the tent! :) Did they catch any fish. Fishing up in Island Park is Garrett's favorite. You are so good at taking pictures of everything. I need to get better!
Is Morley imitating a particular uncle of his in this photo????
Post a Comment