preface: Thursday night was a busy night. I wanted to do several things that I knew would take considerable time. The past few nights (4) I had been staying up very late (midnight or later) working on various projects and still getting up very early the next morning.
I started making bread around 5:30 in the evening. It takes about 5 hours in my breezy house, so I knew I would be up waiting for the final product. I was also finishing the picture frame project and cleaning the kitchen. Around 10:35 I put the bread in the oven. I was so excited, it had risen perfectly and it was going to be so yummy. I had 3 loaves ready, and they were going to be DELICIOUS! I sat down on the couch, knowing that the oven timer would beep in 31 minutes. Well...about 2 hours and 15 minutes later, I woke up totally disoriented, still sitting up on the couch. The timer on the oven obviously didn't wake me up...so the bread was, well...you can see for yourself.
I was so mad!! I was planning on taking 2 loaves to work the next morning, as I do every Friday. Luckily I had a loaf in the freezer to take.
I think I need to get more sleep!
5 comments:
That is kinda funny actually. Your poor bread would have tasted so good. Yes, sleep is always helpful.
Ali....I did that today! I was making my wheat bread and got busy doing other stuff. I don't think the birds will even eat my loaf....I feel your pain!
That is so sad! Making bread is time consuming. At least you had a loaf in the freezer. Although it's not the same as fresh from the oven. . .mmmm bread.
Uh, and NOW we see why I don't even TRY to bake bread! :)
that is soooooooo something I would do!
Post a Comment