**written by Matt**
Morley fished in a youth tournament Saturday. I messed up and didn't realize the youth tournament was a team event. He fished as a single against 15 other two man teams. He ended up finishing 2nd. He missed the biggest pike (Saturday) by only 3 ounces, and biggest perch by 1 ounce. The second day he fished with a couple of boys from Dalton while the fathers competed against each other in the Adult tournament. Part of the tournament rules stated that family members not in the tournament could not fish within 100 feet of family in the tournament. Morley and his new friends were fishing 500 yards from my partner and I. He came by once during the day to get some food and mentioned he had caught a "sort of good pike"... When I got back to the pickup for weigh-in I saw a huge pike in the bucket behind the vehicle next to me. I asked who caught the monster and someone said "your son caught it"! I was so excited for Morley! When Morley finished fishing, the tournament organizers weighed and measured the pike. The Fish and Game officer in attendance to monitor the tournament filled out Morley's master angler paper work and said he would turn it in Monday.
*********
He came home with a shirt, fleece blanket, $30, gift certificates and other goodies for placing 2nd. What a perfect weekend! And...he out fished Matt by number of fish caught and the total weight of the fish! Go Morley!!
the group of boys he hung out with at the tournament
**this is part of an email from one of the guys running the tournament: "I have to remark of what a nice young man you have. Him and his two other fishing pardoners were next to Tony and I all day. It was fun to watch such a well behaved group."

5 comments:
I am so impressed and excited for Morley. How fun for he and Matt to spend that time together. You really are raising a great young man.
Way to go Morley!! Its always fun to beat your parents at something!!!
What a fisherman Morley is becoming, and to beat out his ole man. What to go! I remember many a fishing trip with my grandpa when I was his age. Memories in the making, nothing more precious. We love you Morley! Nana (Mom)
Holy Smokes...that is one HUGE fish. Wahoo Morley!!
GO MORLEY! Congrats to the master fisherman. :)
Post a Comment