Matt and I finally spent some extended quality time together yesterday without the kids! It all happened fast! Jenni, being the great friend that she is, basically told Matt and I on Thursday that we WERE going to go somewhere together and that she would stay with the kids. She even offered to stay overnight with them! Since we had Saturday morning commitments, we couldn't go anywhere Friday night so we left around 1:00 Saturday afternoon.
We decided to make the trek to Denver for some quality food and movie theatres. Matt took me to a really cool outdoor shopping center with great shops (which we didn't enter) and a gigantic movie complex. We saw TWO movies, Angles & Demons and Terminator 2. Angles & Demons was awesome, I loved every second. Terminator 2...I slept through most of it. Granted, it was a 8:30 p.m. movie...but I just couldn't connect. Matt even said it wasn't as mind stimulating at the first one. Either way, it was great to see movies in a great theatre. Matt wanted to take me to an amazing Brazillian restaurant for dinner that he had eaten at earlier in the week at a business luncheon...but it was $43 a PERSON...so we opted for Qdoba instead. It was still delish and I loved my Mango salad! Their burritos are HUGE!
In between movies, we walked the dogs. Yes...2 dogs! We acquired a new dog Friday night. He is another Viszla who is about 1 year old. He was FREE...which is amazing. Basically, we rescued him and we will see if Matt can train him to actually hunt. Rusty (on the right) is gun shy and a total scaredy cat. So far they really like each other and he is really sweet. His name is Red...I know...so original, we didn't name them. Rusty and Red...
Our lovely picture taken by Matt!
I had a WONDERFUL time with my hubby for 12 hours! We need to do things like this more often! Talking and just hanging out together was so much fun! It was about 1:30 a.m. when we arrived home. Thanks Jenni & Justin for entertaining the kids and having them snuggled in their beds!!!
On our drive home...we also hit 100,000 miles on our van! HOLY SMOKES...that is a lot of driving. I love that Matt suggested we take a picture of the odometer!! That means we have driven 72,000 miles in 5 years!
Love You Matt!!!
11 comments:
Yeah! Good for you for a quick get away...You guys are so cute. Miss hanging with ya! Have you ever considered a trip to Palmyra to see the pagent this summer? Second weekend in July...Camping!
Her, her...love the pic of Matt wrapping his lips around that burrito! So glad you had a great time. We enjoyed the kids here at home. Crazy to think one day that could be us...four kids and counting!! Right now we will stick with one and a half.
Yea! I am so glad that you got to spend the day together! 100,000 miles...impressive! It is all of your trips to Utah! :)
Awesome FULL day together. We definately don't do that often enough either!
Looks & sounds like a fun outing for just the two of you, my Matt and I need some of that real soon!
Looks like a lot of fun. I'm suprised you only have that many miles- living in podunk, we already have 68,000. I'm glad you got to have some couple time :)
Avery and I LOVED the videos of Ella and the fishies! Awesome! =)
That is great you got to have that time together. I need some of that about now. YOu guys look adorable too. Hey- I know I slacked off of the other blog with y'all but I joined Weight Watchers and I have lost 15 lbs in the last 4 weeks. Woot woot :)
I'm so glad that you got away for some time together. How fun! The picture of you two is great!
That couple time is very important. I'm glad you had such a fun time. How old is your van?? We have over 200,000 on the Burb. Could that be why no one wants to buy it? Mom
I love everything about this post! I am so glad you guys had a great time. I wish Jenni and Justin lived by me. Jenni, if you ever read this... you are a FANTASTIC friend! I love that Ali has you!
Post a Comment