I love Mother's Day, I really, truly, sincerely do. I love it because I really LOVE being a mother and I LOVE it because I enjoy honoring my amazing mother. I don't expect grand gifts and a day of bliss, I mean seriously...I have 4 kids after all. I do have a loving and capable husband, but we all know our limitations, right?
I was able to sleep in a little later than normal this morning and mostly only had to worry about getting myself ready for church, that was a treat! Matt cooked me breakfast and we had time to take a few pictures before church. We came home from church and I took a 2+ hour nap! That was so nice, I can't remember the last time I did that! Matt made dinner and it was yummy! I did buy all the ingredients for what I wanted to eat, but he prepared and cooked it and had the kids set the dinner table. We were able to talk with my little brother Tom who is on his mission in Tijuana, Mexico for awhile tonight. It is so cool to do a conference call with the entire family, especially since we are spread out from one coast to the other!
The boys gave me some sweet cards and service gifts. Matt's gift is to buy and spread all the bark for my flower beds. To someone that may seem strange, but I LOVE IT!! Simple and exactly what I want! Can't get much better than that! I bought myself some new workout clothes from Cabela's, thanks honey!
What a blessing it is to be the mother of my four kids. Sometimes I can't believe I am old enough to have four! They bring so much joy to me and teach me so much about love, patience, endurance and compassion! They love me even when I am grumpy and not a very nice mommy. I love their snuggles and giggles and 'I love you's'! They are my world and I would do anything for them! I definately have my 'down days' and 'blah' days being a mom, it is a hard job. It isn't always roses and cotton candy around here. But, as I listen to them right now snoring lightly as they sleep, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for my Heavenly Father who has trusted me with these precious spirits to raise! What an awesome responsibility!
I've heard it said before that being a mother is like watching your heart walk around outside of your body! How true that is!
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mother's out there who have influenced my life and my mothering!
Mother's Day 2009

6 comments:
Is that the one pic where all the kids are looking at the camera? LOL...super cute. Sounds like you had a relaxing day.
Oh, Ella is so sweet in her little hat. I'm glad you had a relaxing and special mother's day. You sure deserve it!
I love your real account of Mother's Day. It took me many years to realize that Mother's Day is a regular day with some special moments and pampering. Not 24 hours of unrealistic expectations. It was great being able to talk to ALL my children and grandchildren. What a treat. Dad made my day very special. Love you lots! Mom
Cute picture with your kids on Mother's Day ;)
Love you!
Happy Mother's Day, Ali! I am glad you had a great day, as did I!! What cute kids we have!
It sounds like a beautiful day, and the picture is gorgeous!
I'm so glad that there are moms that don't get themselves so down on Mother's Day. You rock!
Post a Comment