"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day fun

The original plan was to head out after church on Sunday and go camping for one night. The weather changed our minds and we just did day excursions! We went to a Mountain Man Rendezvous for a few hours. Matt shot a black powder rifle, Morley worked on his tomahawk skills and we had fun checking out the 'period campsites'. Some of these families REALLY get into it! It was fun to see and experience.

Afterwards we headed over to Bridgeport Lakes for some foil dinners and s'mores! It was a little chilly but the rain held off until we headed home. Boy...did the storm come in! Thunder, lightening, pouring rain. I am so glad we weren't in a tent!



Monday morning was started off with a yummy 'mountain man' breakfast Matt enjoys making when he is on his scout camp outs. Hash browns, bacon, sausage, eggs and cheese all cooked together in a dutch oven! Scrumptious!!! Morley opened his family gifts and we headed back out to Bridgeport Lakes for the rest of the day.

Ella fell in the water (top right picture) within 5 minutes of being outside. Luckily I packed extra clothes and we headed over to the 'beachy' area to play some more. Ella had so much fun playing with Amelia in the water and having someone else to hang out with her own age! The water was cold but she didn't seem to care!

The boys had a blast digging hole. Who knew that a shovel and dirt could provide hours of uninterrupted fun! It was tempting to use as a 'babysitter' so Ella could hold still for just a second...but Matt wouldn't allow it. They had a lot of fun climbing in and Drew was dedicated to getting every last bit of sand off the bottom. He almost got stuck, head first in the hole!


Boys will be boys! They found a washed up catfish and decided it would be SO FUN to fry it over the fire, then cut it open and put it back on the fire to watch everything boil out! GROSS!! Matt thought 'war paint' would also be fun! They didn't like it so much when I had to scrub all the soot off when we got home!



Matt and I rarely have our picture taken, and I really love this one! 1, 2, 3...CUTE!

And our crazy family! What am I laughing at? We had so much fun together and were happy Jenni, Justin & Amelia came along with us! Summer vacation is here, yeah!

Pin It!

11 comments:

me said...

Good times! I am sorry you didn't get to go camping, but you got all the best parts in my opinion! I am glad everyone had fun and I can't believe Matt was such a spoilsport abt the holey sitter. ;)

Darci said...

What a fun filled day! The pictures say it all. Oh, and I love the one of you and Matt.

Hoffmann Family said...

I love going to lakes and just hanging out! We go to one up American Fork all the time! I am glad you all had so much fun!

It's me, Jenny! said...

Ali, what fun! How did you get your pictures to collage like that?

Lori Davis said...

What a fun weekend!! (For you, I should say... can you imagine me out in the wild??) I love that you are the best mom for these 3 boys and little Ella will totally have the best of both worlds (outdoorsy girly girl) just like her mama!! Love the picture of you and Matt!!

Rebecca said...

Summer at your house? We still have 3 weeks of school! Jealous!
So much fun!

Jenni Call said...

What a fun day! I still can't believe the minnow incident! That was awesome.

Courtney said...

Oh, you guys are cute! I know, Scott and I hardly ever get our picture togethor.

Joanne said...

You guys have the most fun camping and fishing, etc. I love all the holes the boys dug. Nice pic of the two of you, too. Mom

Mackay Family said...

What a fun day! I love the picture of you and Matt...Super cute! I really love that your boys love to fish. Good times!

Christine said...

That looks like so much fun! Your boys just make me laugh, catfish, holes and all! That brings back a lot of memories from my own brothers. I'm glad it was fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...