"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

summer storm puddles

the kids have been having a lot of fun in the afternoon thunderstorms! They are a daily occurrence here, but we are still waiting for our constant HOT weather to arrive.


Posted by Picasa


And here are my most recent sewing projects. Jenni taught me how to make a tiered skirt, it is so cute!! She wore it to church on Sunday with little white knee high socks, so darling! We made matching polka-dot dresses for Ella & Amelia! SO easy with the bodice all gathered (sorry don't I don't know the technical term). All I did was sew up the sides and add the giant ric-rac for the trim and straps!

Posted by Picasa
Pin It!

9 comments:

Darci said...

CUTIES! They know how to make the most of a storm.

Jenni Call said...

Fun! We sort of stayed inside...BOR-ing! Ella looked so cute on Sunday! Loved the socks.

Lara said...

Storms are the best (especially the kind you get out there!)... Even better when you've got kids to get excited about them! How cute are her boots?
I want to live out there!

Hoffmann Family said...

Love the dresses, looks like they are straight from Gymboree.

Christine said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the new threads! Nice job on the tiered skirt and I'm adding the cherry applique to my must-make list. The polkadot jumper is adorable!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Wow- those are sooo cute. I LOVE it.

The Moving Circus said...

Okay I decided you need to come out and visit me and show how to sew those cute things. Would be fun for Christmas for my nieces, beside we have to get together!!!

Mackay Family said...

Ella's boots are so cute! Love the latest creations!

me said...

Love it! So cute! I need to find my new machine manual and read it so I can do all this stuff successfully!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...