

Yes...that is a real tornado that was spotted from some local Sidney residents this afternoon around 2:10. The sirens went off twice.
I will admit...after the first one went off I went to the windows to see if I could see anything. Total rookie, non-native curiosity and mistake! When the second one went off...I was down in the basement! About 2:00 I thought I saw a small funnel cloud coming out of the clouds towards the west of town. By the time I got my camera to take a picture it has already disappeared.
CRAZY Nebraska weather, I don't like it one bit!
13 comments:
Oh that is waaaaay too scary for me. Ahhhhhhh
Yep, that's a little too scary for me, thanks!
Crazy is an understatement! That is SO scary! I would be a mess every time the sirens went off!
Holy cow! That would freak me out!
That is absolutely frightening.
Crazy! How do the kids deal with it? I don't think I'd be able to handle my self well and would cause my girls to have terrible nightmares over them.
Oh my goodness, a little too close for comfort. We've been seeing these tornados on the news, my oldest would love to be a tornado-chaser/hunter- I think he's crazy!
Scary, but cool pictures! We had one hit about 20 miles from here last year.
Not for me. You guys take care and stay in the basement when the siren goes off.
Get outta there! =) I'm glad it didn't turn out to be dangerous, but your weather is plain crazy.
Seriously crazy!! Ya how do the kids deal with it? Do they think its cool or does it freak them out? I think just hearing the siren would be freaky enough!
They test the sirens every Wednesday at 10am...so they are used to the noise. But when I told them it was a real siren and not a practice they were kinda scared! Matt was in a protected room at work for an hour while the storm passed. Summer is fun in NE!!
Tornados are scary for sure. When I lived in Michigan a few funnel clouds came sweeping through the city but never touched down and did any damage. I have to admit though, it is kind of a rush when those sirens go off. Tsunami warnings are the scariest...
Post a Comment