We had a visit from some of our bestest friends this weekend! We've been friends for nearly 12 years and we love that they live so close in Denver. Kris started me on this whole running thing...that I have started to actually enjoy! *gasp* In town this weekend was our annual Gold Rush Days. Friday night there was a 5k to kick off the festivities. Kris ran the 3.1 miles with me and it was fun, I will admit! It didn't start until 8:30 at night and the trail was lined with tiki torches. I've never run a race before...so I was just hoping to finish. I crossed the finish line with a time of 29:43. I was WAY behind so many people, but I am happy with that. It was fun to have our hubby's and kiddos waiting for us at the finish line!
I tempted Kris to go garage sale-ing with my EARLY Saturday morning...at 6:30 am SHARP! I have a system now and it works great. She found some great deals and I found a few. It is a lot more fun to do it with a friend, that is for sure!
We arrived home just as the boys were ready to head over to the Gold Rush Days events. It is similar to a Pioneer Day with Old Time events and Civil War era themes. Matt dressed up in his 'period clothing' and Drew was signed up to help with the kids Tomahawk throw with his scout troop. It was a fun day full of free activities. We enjoyed watching the Indian dances, Blue Grass music group, go on hay rides, eat free homemade candy and bread The boys also did BB shooting, lassoing, animal petting and food eating! After we were all tired from that, we headed over to the pond to let Zack and Bryce try their hand at fishing. It was not as fun with the wind blowing. Zack did manage to catch a tiny bluegill.
We had a relaxing late afternoon with naps and a lot of playing. Dinner was OHSOGOOD. Try THIS recipe! There's nothing like a fun weekend with friends and family! Thanks for making the drive and can't wait until our campout!!!
all of our kiddos!

7 comments:
I'm glad you and Kris live close enough to get together often. Nice work on the 5K! You look fabulous, as always. And . . . I'm so happy to hear that you loved the skewers. Sara's website is definitely a favorite of mine now.
What a fun weekend! Congrats on running the 5K. You look great! I think that I am going to have to try that recipe since both you and Darci have recommended it! (I am craving cotton candy after looking at your pictures!)
Comgratulations on completeing your first 5K!
Looks like yall had a great time. I missed the garage sale fun. Maybe I will drive all night so I can get super cool stuff at your garage sale on Saturday morning!! LOL....Miss your guts
Looks like a fun time! I love fun, free community events like this.
Go Alison! I'm so glad you enjoyed the 5k. I'm so impressed! And still a little shocked that anyone can actually enjoy running, lol. But I think it's awesome!
It looks like a great weekend with great friends and I'm glad you guys were able to do it!
BTW, thanks for your last comment on my blog. It sure meant a lot to me! *HUGS*
Ali, you look so awesome. Congrats on finishing your 5k. I am very impressed. I love that you and Chris have stayed in touch and that you are close enough to keep the friendship going and growing. Love you tons. Mom
Post a Comment