Every year Cabela's sponsors a Kid's Fishing Day at our community pond. They stock the pond and tag fish with color coded 'tags'. If you catch a 'tagged fish', you will receive a gift certificate to Cabela's in the amount of $20-$250! No one caught one yesterday but we'll keep trying! The boys did catch a few large trout! Brayden was the first to reel his in, then Drew. Ella is holding one Matt caught after the event had finished. We came home with 4 trout that we will be smoking tonight for dinner!! Morley is in UT, and we missed him! He'll have a chance to catch a tagged fish when he gets home next week.
It was a great family day! I loved it!

9 comments:
That is an awesome thing that they do! Great job catching those fish. Sounds like you will be having a yummy dinner tonight! What is Morley doing in UT?
Alison, how do you do the thick, long stitching on the shirts? Can you tell I am slowly figuring these out?
Looks like yall had a fun time! GO Ella for touching the fish!! Those fish are HUGE. Hopefully,you will get a large gift certificate to win.
Fun, fun, I'm sad we missed it, when is the next one?
Here's to Miss Ella winning you $10K! :) Glad you all had fun!!
Oh Miss Ella looks totally grossed out for having to touch that fish!! She has more guts that I do!!
Those are good sized fish! Thanks for posting.
How fun! We have a kids fishing derby around here too. I hope the boys hook a prized one!
That is so fun. Ella is so cute! She'll be a champion fisherwoman, for sure.
Post a Comment