"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

pro-duct-ivity!

Let Your ART Guide You**week 7

The highlight of this week has been the very exciting purchase of my new camera! I bought a Canon Rebel XS EOS. It was a package special that came with a 18-55 mm lens, 75-300 lens and extra battery.I still am really lost when figuring out all of the capabilities, functions and rules of a fancy-schmancy camera...BUT I am SO happy to have it!!! I could not have purchased it without all of my customers! I paid for nearly every penny of it with my Etsy store sales!!


So, THANK YOU!!!




I was only able to finish one outfit for Ella this week, her Easter outfit. Since we have General Conference on Easter this year, I didn't worry about buying her the fancy dress, etc with matching ties for the boys. This will be an outfit she can wear it all through the Spring/Summer and also be very Easter-y.



It has been another fun week creating new designs and orders! My friend Amber and I have been talking about a Zebra print pillowcase dress. After I found the perfect fabric and a good tutorial to help me it, I finished it yesterday.



and of course she couldn't surprise her daughter without something for her son! I had fun doing this rocket design and will be adding it to my etsy store today!


Amber also let me decide on the design for a onesie she ordered for a gift. I love having the permission to just do what I want for someone! This car is fun with Amy Butler polka dot fabric and brown minky wheels. This will also be added to my etsy store today.



On Monday, I actually had the opportunity to design with paper!! I haven't made cards in MONTHS, so it was great to use all of those supplies again. These 15 cards were for my customer that ordered all of the candy shirts for her daughter's birthday party. A little lollipop them with a punched out window for the 'thank you' was cute and went along with her candy theme. The colors don't show well in this picture (taken with my old camera). I used hot pink, brown and turquoise and silver.


I think returning customers are just about the best thing when you have a business! This shirt was ordered by a previous customer as a gift for a friend having a baby. The great part about this design is that it came from the person who will be receiving the shirt! She went to
my store, found the fabric she liked then created her own design and emailed it. I think it turned out pretty darn close to the requested design!


This next week I need to finish a few more orders and complete a few new designs to list in my etsy store. I also have a few ideas for Ella up my sleeve. How do you like the sound of a popsicle and dinosaur? Do you have any new designs you would like to see?


These four shirts were for a gal I used to work with when I was with the school district. She is from Ireland ( love listening to her accent) and she wanted to spoil her little niece for her birthday. The rainy climate of home inspired a few of her design choices.

Pin It!

12 comments:

Sarah J. said...

I LOVE the Zebra dress! I might just have to have you make me some... say 3?!? Sending me the prices.

Amber Smith said...

You're the BEST Alison!!! I couldn't be more excited about my purchases this week! The onesie is adorable, and I can't wait to give it to the baby! Kolton's shirt - he's gonna flip over! :) Alayna's dress: LET'S just say I'm STILL FLIPPING OVER! :) LOVE it. I can't wait to surprise her with it tonight! I'm heading to get here in 5 minutes! I'll let you know her reaction! :) Thanks so much! You're creativity has taken you a long ways. You deserve that camera...as you've worked hard for it! Thanks a MILLION!

Mme. Kara said...

Adorable orders and congrats on the fancy-schmancy camera!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Wow girl. You are awesome!! I am so excited you got such a SWEET camera. I love mine and I am still learning. The outfits and shirts are tooooo cute!

Joanne said...

Congrats on the new camera. Looks like you'll be doing a lot of research to figure out the best way to take just the perfect picture. Too much for me... I love all your new designs.

Martina said...

Cute as ever, all of this - especially the zebra dress, you need your own boutique!

andrea creates said...

Wow, looks like you've been busy- I love the dresses and skirts :)
Happy Weekend~

Deedra said...

Great stuff!! Love all of it! I think I still love those rubber boots the best! They're so darn cute!!! And enjoy your new camera...it's a whole heck of a lot of fun!!

Jenni Call said...

UBER-cuteness!!! I just love all you newest boy designs! Sooooooo, excited that you finally got your awesome camera. You earned every penny! Enjoy the new journey of DSLR
photography.

Aaron & Nancy said...

Cuteness! We bought a new Canon Rebel for Christmas and love it. I need to spend more time playing with it, but it takes great pictures!

Darci said...

Congrats on the fancy camera! This week's creations are so fun and creative. I love to see how much support you're getting.

William Perry said...

Nice camera Ali. Welcome to the world of Canon DSLRs. They're a lot of fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...