"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, March 29, 2010

a day away

We surprised the kids with a trip to Colorado on Brayden's birthday! Before we left we opened B's "family" gifts. He scored new shoes, Star Wars goodies and a new Transformer.

We did some shopping and found amazing deals on shoes, fabric and other fun stuff. We NEVER go to restaurants with the kids, EVER. To be honest, there are not really any in our town that I really WANT to go to. Since we were in a big town we let Brayden choose where he wanted to go and his choice was Red Robin. The kids were so excited to be at a "fancy" restaurant and Drew said it was the best day ever because "we never go to restaurants"! I am happy they realize it was a special treat for them.

We ate too much and Brayden was surprised with his very own birthday sundae. He did not like the singing from the waitresses, it was funny to watch his face!


The kids were just being so silly and really good!



Ella kept latching onto Morley, and I think he loved every minute of the attention.


Brayden loved pretending to play the race car game. I love imaginations!


and we couldn't leave without a family picture!


It was an awesome day away!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

What a fun surprise for everyone. Is Ella's nose red from her fall? I didn't see picures of that! I like your hair, too. Good choice Brayden made for the fancy restaurant!

Darci said...

That is a favorite eating spot for my kids too. What a fun way to celebrate with the family.

Jenni Call said...

Looks like you had a super awesome day away. The kids look so excited!

me said...

*two thumbs up* :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...