"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, March 4, 2010

birthday bash business

Let your ART guide you***week 4

This week has been all about birthdays! A friend in town ordered 12 "candy" shirts. Her little girl who is turning five is having a "candyland" theme party. Laura is having the birthday party at her school's gym and is setting up her version of the "candyland" game and the little girls are going to be the players! HOW FUN IS THAT?? So, between the two of us, we came up with a fun twist candy design and they turned out cute. The "ends" are made from organza and really "poof". I can't wait to see pictures of 12, five year old girls in their cute shirts!


x 3
Laura also wanted a "birthday cake" shirt for her daughter to wear on her birthday. The requirements were polka dots with striped candles. It is a little stressful designing something completely new, but I am happy with the way it turned out. If/when I do one again, I will tweak a few small things. What do you think? Should the "layers" be rectangles instead? The "frosting" is lace cording...if that's what it is called.

This darling shirt is for my awesome customer Rachel, who I posted about last week. The idea came from my sister's old roommate, and she was even kind enough to buy the fabric for me and ship it! I love my personal shoppers! Thank you Julie!
It has been another crazy week. Matt and I both were sick with the 24 hour flu bug the kids had and there were concerts and no school today or tomorrow.

Next week I will tackle an order from another gal here in town who ordered 14 pieces for her sweet soon-to-be one year old little girl! Thanks Rachel for passing out my card!!!



What inspires you?
Pin It!

6 comments:

Darci said...

Let's see . . . YOU inspire me. Really, it's very true! I love how the birthday shirts turned out. All three designs are great. I didn't realize Julie hooked you up - what a woman she is!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Yeah- you inspire me. I LOVE these!! You do such great work!!! This is the first I have gotten on the computer ALL day. Whew- at least the day is almost over ;-) Good job girl!!

Jenni Call said...

Awesome shirts! Good job with the designing. The last one is so fun! Hope you are feeling better.

Martina said...

Really cute, those shirts, and nicely done - they will look so amazing on the kids!

Mackay Family said...

I agree...YOU inspire me. The things you come up with are AMAZING! What a fun idea for the birthday party shirts.

Christine said...

Im loving it all! For the record, I'd leave the cake in the rounded edges. At least for little girls, its a tad "softer" and not so blocky. I think they're all adorable! You must be working round the clock these days :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...