"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Thanks to my friend Kristin, today was a super fun day! Yesterday the kids decorated a box with some of my green scrapbooking paper scraps. They cut, tore, glued and colored the box to create the perfect place a leprechaun would like to visit. We heard that if you place the box where the moonlight will hit it the night before St. Patrick's Day, we might get a surprise from a lucky leprechaun. We also heard that he might play some tricks on us.


The kids woke up and Brayden was the first to grab the box. Inside they found green shirts and a package of their favorite Skittles. Oh the tricks! The sneaky leprechaun put cereal and Ella's boots in the fridge, Brayden's hat with the bowls, turned the milk green and the toilet water green. We're not sure how he did it, but even after they flushed...it filled back up with green water! A few picture frames were upside down too.



Our green kids.
Ella...she wanted to wear her green skirt because it was the same color as her shirt...I didn't have the heart to make her change.


Green rice krispy treats were on the menu after school and are nearly gone. Corned beef, cabbage and steamed broccoli will be our yummy dinner...I better go finish it!
Happy Green Day!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Hoffmann Family said...

I'm so glad that they loved it!

Joanne said...

On my way home from work today, I was wondering what fun things you might have come up with today. I even forgot to wear green, how lame is that. And I do own a few green items of clothing! What a fun idea with the box ... Mom

Sarah J. said...

What fun! I'll have to remember these cute ideas for next year! And I thought I was being clever by serving Lucky Charms for breakfast and tinting their food green for dinner! ;)

Darci said...

Sounds like you made the most of a fun holiday. I'll have to start some fun traditions next year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...