"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Friday, March 19, 2010

birthday party...6 year old style


Brayden wanted to have a movie theatre party. With six, six year olds and my other three...it was a crazy evening. Luckily I had everything ready before his friends arrived to the party ran pretty smoothly. When our first guest came to the door, our two dogs bolted out the door and didn't look back. I couldn't go look for them because I had a house full of kids and Matt wasn't reachable. They were out roaming the town for 3.5 hours. grrr...dumb dogs! Matt missed most of the party while he drove around looking for them.

Anyway, I had the pizza ready when the boys arrived so we hurry and stuffed their bellies full of food. Brayden was very excited to open gifts and he was very happy with the generosity of his friends. Then we ate his requested donut cake. I LOVE this idea and it was a HUGE hit with everyone!!! Forget fondant! Okay...maybe not totally but I really loved the ease of this party!



After the "cake" it was time to have our "movie theatre" portion of the party. We borrowed a projector and hooked it up to our DVD player and stereo. A few tacks, a white sheet, bags of candy and popcorn...and we were set. One of the gifts Brayden received was a Scooby Doo movie so everyone voted to watch that. It was a very quiet and fun way to end the party.


Photobucket

I enjoyed watching Brayden interact with his friends! Tomorrow we plan on surprising the boys with a fun trip out of town for the day! I am excited about that!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Darci said...

I love the big screen idea. What a fun party and hello - donut cake is a perfect!

Joanne said...

What a fun and creative party. I love the donut cake.

Jenni Call said...

Awesome birthday party! Love the cake, you should make me one! LOL. Hope you enjoyed your day on the town

me said...

LOVE the party! WTG, B for making it simple on your Mama. Where did you go for your day trip? Pictures? Fun? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...