"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

farm friends

we took a field trip for scout last week. Our wolf/bear leader works with someone who has a small farm and he thought the boys would enjoy the baby animals, mud, poo and stink in the dark. Did they? Of course!!!

The weather was FREEZING and WINDY and some SNOW to top the night off. Thank goodness we were inside the barn the entire time. There were 12 hour old lambs, 2 week old lambs, 2 week old goats and a 3 week old calf. They were all so stinking cute! I held various lambs and goats so the boys could try and give them a bottle of milk.


drew feeding a baby goat


Quinn feeding another goat

This little calf was quite thirty too. After Drew stopped feeding him, he was kind of chasing after him for more. The farmer brought out one of the nursing mommy goats and let each boy try to milk her. The farmer was VERY patient but the goat was tired of kids pulling on her. Eventually, each boy mastered the technique and even tried squirting each others shoes. Kind of gross but REALLY funny at the same time!The little lambs were my favorite and Drew enjoyed carrying them around.


It was a really fun night, even though we were all INCREDIBLY stinky all night long!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

What a fun outing. Now these are experiences you may not have if you lived anywhere else. Priceless memories. Mom

Unknown said...

Hi. I have just been peeking at your blog tonight after looking at a "let your art guide you" post. I totally adore your family photo. Its so lovely. And I so wish I could have your lifestyle, but thats the way it is with greener grass on other sides, isn't it. anyways. Envy sent your direction.

Unknown said...

(oh and i've done those kinds of rag roller before on my little girl. they always turn out super cute.)

me said...

Love this trip. Totally jealous. Do they group tours? Anyway I could talk them into a group of Girl Scouts maybe?? Would a pretty please help??? ;)
Are you wearing blue nail polish?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...