This weekend went by way too fast! Friday started with the boys getting out of school early to have a camp out with Matt for Scouts. Ella and I planned our GIRL PARTY having the house to ourselves. We went to the store and bought her some snacks for the weekend a few family movies. I treated myself to a new gadget...an iPod touch. I've been wanting one FOREVER...so I saved up some sewing money and I love it! I'm sure it will take my a while to figure out all it can do. Ella knows how to use it better than I do...she's had practice on Matt's. I surprised Ella with a mommy-daughter date to the cute new movie HOP. She literally hopped from the car to the theatre with excitement. It was fun just spending with her, just the two of us doing something special for her. Her giggles during the movie were adorable.
*iPod pictures...*
*needs a flash*
While we stayed up late, the boys were off camping at Ft. Robinson near Chadron, Nebraska. Matt has been taking the boys there for three years now and they have a great time! This year they (all the scouts/parents/volunteers) planted 10,000 trees in half a day. Incredible. The weather could not have been better on Saturday...81 here in Sidney! It was great to be outside and finally feel warmth!
Jenni treated Ella and I do an ice cream treat at DQ Saturday night. I had water...a total lame ice cream treat-ee. Late Saturday night after the priesthood session of General Conference, Matt went up to Mitch and Elaine's to crash with the boys. Ella and I went up Sunday morning since we had a showing first thing in the morning. The house looked awesome...so we'll just see how it goes this week. Ella got sick in the car on the way there...four times. Thankfully she is aware of how she feels and let me know she was going to be sick before she made a mess. She was pretty mellow most of the day while we watched the remaining two sessions of General Conference. Mitch was very brave to let the boys ride their 4-wheelers around the ranch. I was a little paranoid...since they didn't have helmets. They had a blast, even though the weather was SO COLD and snowing. Wasn't it just 81 the day before.
I was surprised how well B could handle the ATV considering he isn't that tall.
They are just too grown up.
Ella was all smiles to ride with Matt for about 10 minutes, then she went over to visit the horses.
The boys were icicles but they stayed out forever and a great time!
Matt and I went out to visit Si, who is living about 10 miles up the road from Mitch and Elaine's place. He looks so good and taller! Dan and Jesse Mae said he is doing really well and they even branded on him Saturday! I was so excited to hear that! I was happy to see him again! I was able to pet him and talk to him a bit...and then I got too cold and ran inside!! Oh, warm weather, hurry up and get here! I'm excited to get out and ride him again and put some serious miles on him out at the ranch! These boots of mine are a way to clean!
General Conference was amazing this weekend. I always feel so spiritually fed and have the desire to do better and be a better friend, mom, wife, daughter and sister. My family means the world to me and I am so thankful that we are on this earth together, for each other. My testimony grows as I hear from our beloved prophet, Thomas S. Monson and the other General Authorities. Too often I find myself just going about the daily tasks and forgetting how truly blessed we are to have a modern day prophet to lead and guide us. I feel true joy and happiness in my life and I know that is because we strive to do our best and follow Christ's example. There is so much that I improve on, but instead of dwelling on what I can't do, I can spend my energy on the things I can do and do them just a little bit better. There were so many amazing talks and one in particular stood out to me during Sunday afternoon session. A talk was given by Elder Lynn G. Robbins. He spoke about "to-do lists". We all makes lists of things that we can "check off" when we complete them. People rarely create "to-be lists". You are never done with a "to-be" list. BEING is not an event, is part of our nature and our character, part of who we are.
I need to stop worrying about DOING more and checking more things off my list and go a little deeper and BE the person others want to be around and BE a good example to my children. Look inward, and seek the guidance from my Heavenly Father that I desire. This conference brought me peace and calmed my spirit and the timing couldn't have been better. What a wonderful weekend!
Please take a minute and visit THIS blog. CJane's simple testimony is so powerful and rang so true to me, personally. "this is what I know" as well.

3 comments:
So fun! Looks like everyone had fun all around.
Looks like a great weekend, indeed! And yay for Si!!! That's a milestone for him!
What a fun weekend! I'm glad you are able to get your ranching fix up there at Mitch & Elaine's. ;) Can't wait to see pictures of you branding on your horse. :)
Post a Comment