We were supposed to be in Utah for Easter again this year...but with at least three trips to UT/ID this summer...we opted to stay home. With Matt gone all week on a business trip it was pretty relaxed around the house. I wanted to spend more time dying eggs with the kids and not make a rush-hurry up-lets do this- project. After some giant cinnamon rolls for breakfast (kids only) Friday morning, it was time to get the party started! The kids have a four day weekend for "spring break" and it is nice to take a vacation from our regularly crazy schedule.
Ella's cinnamon roll was as big as her face!
I found some different ideas online for decorating eggs. The kids were excited to experiment.
Put the rubber bands on the eggs before submerging in the dye. After the eggs had dried, take the rubber bands off. Either keep the lines white or put the egg into a lighter color for a two toned effect.
Another one...use masking tape. Pretty cool.
The aftermath of our fun. I realize I was have too much fun dying the eggs with the kids to take pictures of the process. oops.
Then the kids chose their favorite six eggs.
Here are our favorite from our new dying techniques...
This morning we had the ward egg hunt. The primary did a great job! They had a few art project set up for the kids to do while the eggs were being scattered across the lawn. I could only keep up with Ella so the other boys missed out on pictures. Morley opted not to do it this year...he is "this" close to turning 12 and feeling a little "too old" to do the egg hunts. Ella was pretty serious and collected her maximum of 20 eggs in just a few minutes. There were over 730 eggs donated by ward members.
cute little besties in their Easter best
These girls are pretty cute together and are usually giggling and holding hands as they skip and run around or arguing who the "biggest boss" is. Silly girlies.
Were off to the ranch for the rest of the day to enjoy a quiet Saturday with some of our favorite people!
I couldn't resist making these yummy chocolate birds nest treats.
DELISH!
3 comments:
Our girls are *squeal* so CUTE! I love your egg techniques. Looks like fun. And those cinnamon rolls? Heaven on the hips.
Yummy post! Your chocolate variation on the nests looks yummy. I form mine in a muffin tin and it works great. The egg dying techniques are so fun. We went super basic this time...Saturday night.
I will have to file those egg dye ideas away for next year to liven up the experience.
I made cake pops for Easter...don't do it, it's dangerous!
Post a Comment