We were lucky to have two little visitors for a few days! Miss Mia and little Phillip had a sleep over for two nights and played with us for two days while their parents had a special getaway. Jenni is eight months pregnant and she really needed to escape with her hubby before the baby arrives! I have adored Mr. Phillip since he was born, but he is quite the mommas boy so I don't get snuggles very often! When the little mister climbed up on my lap voluntarily it made me pretty happy! Mia and Phillip did awesome and I'm excited to have them over again when their little brother makes his appearance!
Miss Mia wanted her own snuggle time too! Ella was a little jealous and they ended up sitting with me together. The girls had so much fun together playing as soon as they woke up until it was time for bed. Ella said she wanted to keep Mia forever! Mia also surprised me with PERFECT sleeping! That was awesome!
Today we ventured out with all six kids to the local theatre to watch the movie RIO. They were offering the movie to the families/scouts/businesses that helped out with the "trash race" earlier this morning along with lunch...all for only one dollar! I thought I might have to leave the movie with Phillip since it was right during nap time, but he was perfect and even took an hour nap! The movie was pretty cute. Matt and I were laughing a lot and I always enjoy the giggling and loud laughter of kids in a theatre!
The kids were troopers tagging along with us to all of our many activities. I know they are not used to so many trips here and there and everyone in one day...and then to do it all again the next day! It has been a very busy few days, borderline crazy.
BUT...crazy is what we do best around here!
5 comments:
Melt my little heart! I am glad he gave you some snuggles. You certainly deserve every bit! Amelia talked and talked the entire evening about how much fun she had. She even tattled on herself about being a tattler. PS: Your hair looks super cute! Thanks for letting us escape. I am working hard on Ella's photos!
It's so fun to have slumber parties while friends are away relaxing. What a great thing to do for each other. Cute pics! Jenni's kids are adorable.
I can't believe how much the kids have changed since we left... especially Phillip. You look beautiful, my friend!
I, too, love the sound of kids' laughter in a movie theater. Makes it that much better!
I'm glad that you had a wonderful weekend! Lucky Ella to have 2 nights with her little bestie! It's no wonder, though, that they had a great time - your house seems to be the happenin' place to be! You're so fun!!!
Rio was a great movie! I'm so glad to hear it was as enjoyable on your end as it was on Jenni's end...an excellent weekend for all is a dream come true! :)
Post a Comment