"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

special visitors

My baby brother Tom came for a week long visit during his spring break!  We were all so excited to see him!  The kids haven't seen him for two and a half years and I know Tom was excited about hanging out with them!  They stayed up late the night he got to town and met him at the door with hugs and Nerf guns.  He is a very laid back guy, and I am so thankful.  We don't have a lot to "do" with our out of town visitors so I was happy to just have the chance to hang out and talk.  Tom was only eight when I married Matt and sometimes I feel like I missed out on so much with my younger siblings. He was able to experience our crazy weather.  Beautiful weather one day, a blizzard the next and then another sunny day with most of the snow melted.

 the kids love Uncle Tommy



Brayden is a mini Tommy.  I think we know what B will look like when he gets older!


 I took the kids out of school a little early on Friday so we could go out to the ranch.  Elaine gave Morley his first driving lesson.  He was pretty thrilled.  No, like VERY excited, just look at that smile! 


Everyone was throwing snowballs and enjoying the brisk weather.

we made cupcakes

and did a little horseback riding!  Tom went riding with Coley and had a good time. 

Ella and Morley had their turn as well.


Then we got crazy and started coloring eggs.  They had a great idea of using the "glow" inside of glow sticks.
We cut off the bottom, poured the liquid into a cup over the eggs, and whah-la.
It was crazy and so much fun.  We ended up with the liquid on our hands, clothes and accidentally on the floor.  We'd take the eggs outside in the dark and see who could throw them the furthest.  Tom won.
The boys kept calling them alien eggs.

Saturday morning we had a practice run egg hunt before we had to leave for soccer games.

My dad arrived Saturday afternoon for a visit on his way home from a business trip.  It was so much fun to have my brother and dad there together for a few days.  Matt had to leave on Friday for business so he missed out on all the fun.  After Grace left for her prom, my dad treated us to a delicious dinner to Dudes, our local steakhouse.  The kids have never been to that restaurant and they were very excited to order their own steaks.  Oh, the food was very yummy, and the kids did great!

My dad with his oldest and youngest kids


We had a great day with church and yummy BBQ ribs in the smoker for dinner.  After an evening walk the boys challenged Pa to a tether ball match.  I think Drew won.  Good effort from Pa though.


I am so thankful for my family! 
Pin It!

8 comments:

Joanne said...

What a fun weekend. Both Dad and Tom said they really had a great time being there. Once again, I'm sad I wasn't able to be there to join in on the memory making. That's crazy how much Brayden and Tom look alike.

Mackay Family said...

Family is the best! Looks like you had so much fun! I am with your mom...Tom and Brayden look so much alike!

Do you have a tri-pod of how do you always get pics of your whole family? I love it! In all of ours Garrett or I are always missing!

Lori Davis said...

I love your posts! Some may think there is not much to do in Sidney, then they read your posts and it is the best place ever. I love it!

Aaron & Nancy said...

What a fun reunion! I bet Morley felt like a big shot learning to drive. What fun!

There is some strong family resemblance between you and your brother too!

Jenni Call said...

I think you will have a hard time topping that smile from Morley! What a thrill. Glad your visit was so fulfilling and fun.

Darci said...

What a great post. Tom and Dad are pretty wonderful. I love that you got to make some memories with the family.

Takara said...

What fun to have some family visitors! I love the glow-in-the-dark eggs as well! And your family looks so nice for church. We have church at 1 and I barely have time to get hair done, let alone pose for pictures!

me said...

*like* :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...