"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

14,259 feet UP

Another trip to Colorado. Matt was invited to hike Longs Peak last weekend with Robb and 5 other guys. It one of the highest peaks in the Rocky Mountain range! At 14,259 feet elevation, it is quite an accomplishment to summit! The guys camped at the trail head Friday night and hit the trail at 4:22 a.m. and made the summit by 10:30 in the morning. While they were on the summit, they were snowed on pretty heavily for 5-10 minutes. The hike was about 16 miles round trip. The guys ended their hike with no injuries or altitude sickness! Here are some great pictures! To see the rest of them, click HERE. Kris and I vow to do it next year with our husbands for a double date! Oh boy!



Robb & Matt


Matt in Boulder Field



Matt...is that safe?


Matt, Jim, Ken, Robb, Bryan, & Dave at the summit!




The kids and I tagged along, I was not to be left in Sidney while he went off and played. Friday night after the kids were all asleep we made brownies then ate them while they were still hot, topped with fudge. TOTALLY illegal for me, but it was SO GOOD!!! While we stuffed our faces we played Farkle, Pass the Pigs and Quiddler!

These games will be under the Christmas tree this year!


Saturday morning we headed off to Centerra shopping center with SEVEN kids in tow! They were pretty well behaved and we rewarded them with Happy Meals at the park! Then it was nap time and girl time while the boys caught more toads, salamanders and played video games. That night I went to dinner and Sushi with Kris, Shannon, Macaela and Corrine to Hibachi's. OH MY it was delish! The chef was hilarious and I even caught the piece of shrimp in my mouth he threw up in the air!


The trip was fantastic and the timing PERFECT!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend. You get so much accomplished too!

Darci said...

What a fun experience for Matt! I'm glad you made it fun for you too. Good friends are the best.

Aaron & Nancy said...

This looks fun...and a little scary! Going next year as couples sounds fun! Good luck!

Cook Family said...

sounds like a fabulous week end and congrats to Matt on completing that challenging hike!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...