It has been 14 years since I've had my quarter horse, Grande Finale.
and I've missed doing this...
and REALLY miss doing this...
and this.
I still have this hanging up in my closet
and have been know to wear these on occasion.
Last week I was able to get back in the saddle, after all of these years.
Our new friends Greg and Maleia were kind and let me ride one of their horses. I was a little nervous to saddle, bridle and ride after so long, but my confidence quickly returned. We were are the Webb's home enjoying all of their animals and watching Greg and Maleia work with the cattle. Shots and castration...fun stuff! At one point a cow got out of the fence and they took off trying to rope it to bring it back to the barn. The horse I was riding got excited and wanted to 'help' and I was happy to oblige, even though I had no idea what I was doing! Running through the field was so fun! After a little while I rode Maleia's horse that has a little more spunk and raced her up and down the long driveway a few times! WHEW...it was awesome! Thanks guys for letting me ride again, I didn't realize how much I've missed being on and around horses!
All of the boys were able to ride, and somehow I didn't get a picture of Morley and I. Brayden liked riding with Maleia on her big horse!
We had a good time hanging out with all the animals at the Webb's. The boys helped collect eggs from the chicken coops, Ella and I played with the llama's, the cows weren't too keen on us being there and the turkey's were a little skittish.
I have been missing my cowboy boots, even before this recent riding escapade. The 'fancy' boots I wore to ride just didn't work the best. I've long outgrown my riding boots. I found these at Salvation Army this week for 25 CENTS! They fit perfectly and are in great condition. I'm in love!
I'm ready to ride again...now that I can walk normal. Maleia...are you ready?






15 comments:
alison--you are hands down the most talented person i have ever met! is there anything you don't do???
That really was awesome to watch you ride. I'm so impressed at how smooth you were. I just kept thinking how cool it was that you could keep your butt in the saddle riding that fast!
That is so dang cool, I love those old pics of you! What an amazing talent!
I had forgotten that you guys had horses growing up! Glad that you were able to get back in the saddle. Sounds like you still got it. Love your new boots.
I love those pics! You are amazing! Love the boots and that you are back in the literal saddle. What fun...You are awesome
Good for you!!! You go girl!
Wow Ali! I didn't know you were such a rodeo girl! How fun to get to ride again.
You really were the most devoted horse woman of the family. You are awesome! The old pictures bring back great memories. It really was an adrenaline rush.
Your friends are serious business. I'm glad you had a chance to ride again. And, the boots . . . nice!
Seeing you on Grande again did my heart good, you guys were quite the team. Wonderful pictures and what a fun day! I hope you get to ride some more.
Dad
So, your Dad was right when he told me I would tear up when I saw your blog. What great memories those pictures brought back. It seems like a lifetime ago. I'm glad to hear that everything came back to you so quickly. Maybe we need to take a trip to your friends' place when we come out in November. Great post. Mom
Brynn saw this with me, the next thing I know shes in a white dressy hat saying she wants to ride the "sorsies" too! She was sad when I told her she couldn't, but she loved seeing the pictures of you!
Love your parents comment. Sorry but I just had to read them. I know how you feel. My next purchase will be red boots...oh and the horse.
You are awesome, Ali! =)
It looks like you had a lot of fun. I wish I could have been there to see you.
Love ya
Great post Ali. It would be nice to get back out on a horse again. You should come out to NC and help me chase down some wild horses on the Outer Banks--it would make for a good story. "How brother and sister chased down two wild horses on the Outer Banks and tamed them in one day."
Post a Comment