We had a FANTASTIC anniversary weekend! Matt was able to get off work early so we left by 11:30 a.m., yeah! His gift to me was wearing his wedding ring! Really...he never wears it and he dug it out to wear...and is still wearing it! We didn't really have a schedule, which was so nice! Our first stop were the outlets near Centerra in Colorado at the Nike store. Matt is in search of a new pair of basketball shoes and I found a pair that were pretty crazy,
size 22!! They were GIGANTIC!
I really wanted to take Matt to Hibachi's for an early dinner! We thought were were early enough for the discounted meal since we were there before 4:30...but no such luck. We loved the food and ambiance! At the end of our meal we were presented with a 'happiness dessert' for our anniversary and they sang 'if you're happy and you know it' to us in Japanese! We had a little sushi and I am mastering the chop sticks!
After dinner we checked into our hotel, they upgraded our room to the top floor with a mountain view because it was our anniversary. After a bit we headed out to a nearby mall to people watch. It isn't very often that we have the chance to go to a mall and it was fun to window shop and observe the crazy people of a large city! I did buy a few things at the Container Store. Holy smokes, I've never been in that place, it's amazing! After snacking on a bag of caramel corn and a lap around the mall we headed to Borders. Matt LOVES book stores. We did buy this! It has some of our FAVORITE recipes that we can't wait to make at home!
We stopped at Wal-Mart on the way back to the hotel for some mini ice creams and vegged! It was so relaxing!Saturday we slept in until 8:30! WOW, that is a gift itself! Then breakfast downstairs and that was so easy without 4 kids! The simple things! We got ready and headed out to the temple. We were there for four hours helping with two baptism sessions. The first one was with the youth of our ward and the second was with the adults from our ward that have recently been baptized or active again. What an amazing experience! There were so many spiritual moments in the temple that day that will stay with me for a very long time! What a great way to spend our anniversary, in the temple for hours serving others!
The weather was HORRIBLE when we left, pouring rain and icky! We had hardly taken any pictures...but here are a few. They seem really grainy, my camera must have been on a weird setting, darn!
We went to Swing Thai for dinner with friends. It was SO GOOD! Matt had been several times before and it was a fantastic choice. Willy & Becky were kind and picked up our bill as our anniversary gift! You guys rock! I couldn't miss the photo opportunity outside on the rickshaw in front of the restaurant.
After a few more stops we headed home. We sang to a mystery CD Matt found the entire way home. It was pretty funny and we totally were getting into it! I had so much fun talking with him, holding hands everywhere we went and laughing. We arrived home around midnight. Poor Mayon was fast asleep on the couch. I think the kids totally wore her out! They had so much fun and told me that she let them do things that I don't! I asked them for examples: 1. took them to Perkins for lunch 2. let them build a fort in the front room 3. Pizza two nights in a row and one was Pizza Hut
Mayon rocks, thanks lady! The kids LOVED spending so much time with you! She even folded my laundry! Heaven sent! Thanks Crystal for taking care of the kids Friday afternoon. Friends are wonderful!
Next year, two nights away! I love you Matt!
8 comments:
I am so glad you both had an awesome weekend! Yummy food, shopping, good company, and the temple all in a couple days...you rock. Love the new fabric you got for Ella! Makes me want to drive to Cheyenne for more fabric too. You both are an example to Justin and I who are novices at only 4.75 yrs of marriage. It is hard to imagine 12 years...one day we will find ourselves at 25, then 50 years! Maybe we can sit on our front porches in swings together and poke our spouses!! I look forward to that day
What an awesome anniversary weekend. Spending your anniversary in the temple sounds wonderful...no better place to be. I LOVE the container store, it is an organizers heaven. I will take 1 of everything please.
Who wears a size 22 shoe...seriously?
Your smile says it all! I'm so glad you could get away and enjoy such a special weekend together.
What a great anniversary! It's so cool that I get to say I was there when it all began!
I'm glad you had a great time. Sorry about the pic, it seemed on a normal setting... looks like tons of fun!
It makes my heart happy to see you two so happy together. It doesn't seem like 12 years have passed since your were married. What a great trip. Mom
what a fantastic celebration! Congrats on 12 years!
Wow! This makes me want to do something special for our anniversary. It's been over three years since we've been overnight without kids (unless you count Naomi's birth at the hospital) and that was a recruiting trip looking for a house! Dinner, hotel, temple, shopping...you deserve it!
Post a Comment