"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Saturday, September 12, 2009

12 years of marriage

Marriage is tough. Marriage is not for the weak. Marriage makes you grow in ways you didn't know were possible. Marriage makes your heart and mind strong. Marriage is amazing and hard work.
I am so thankful to have married my sweetie 12 years ago! What a blessing he is in my life. Twelve years, four kids and two dogs later, I love him more than the day we were sealed for time and all eternity! There are tough times and amazing, wonderful times. There are tears of sadness and tears of laughter. I have seen what my husband is truly made of when it really counts. He has is a blessing in my life and I love him so much. We have made each other better people and our committment to one another gets stronger every day! I am who I am today because I have a wonderful husband and best friend!
I had a lot of fun looking through pictures to post. Oh the memories that came flooding back as I perused 12+ years with Matt! Here are a few through the years!


dating September 1996-West Yellowstone


dating winter 1996-ice fishing Ashton, ID


engagement picture summer 1997-Snoqualmie Falls


Wedding Day-September 12, 1997


Halloween 1998


May 2004


2005 - Kirtland Temple, OH with Brayden


Martin's Cove 2006-Ma & Pa




May 2009
"I could wish for you nothing better than a good marriage, a happy marriage, a marriage fruitful in the sweet and satisfying things of life. Your marriage will not be excellent if it is marred with argument, if it is filled with disrespect one for another, if there is any lack of loyalty or devotion to one another. Cherish your spouse as the greatest possession of your life and treat him or her accordingly. Make it your constant goal to add to the happiness and comfort of your companion. Never permit yourself to let down in your affection, or your respect, or your faith in one another. Be excellent in every way."
Pin It!

12 comments:

Joanne said...

May we be the first to comment on your Anniversary post. We have loved watching you two grow closer together over the years. Marriage suits you well. Thanks for showing your children what a loving marriage looks like. We love you so much. Happy 12th Anniversary! Mom and Dad

Sarah J. said...

Congratulations! What fun pictures! Many more happy years to come!

Jenni Call said...

Happy Anniversary! 12 years is a chunk of change!!! Hope you have a fun time in Denver. Love all the pictures

Lori Davis said...

Happy 12 year anniversary! You guys are such a great couple raising great kids! We love you guys and hope you have a great 12th year!!

Mackay Family said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so perfect together. I love everything you said about marriage. It is so true. I totally remember your wedding reception. Even before I saw your wedding picture I could see it!

Darci said...

That is a great quote. I love all the old pictures and may I just say ... you only get better as the years go by.

me said...

Happy Anniversary!!! :)

Courtney said...

Happy anniversary! You guys are so cute! I just amazing that the time goes by so quickly.

Aaron & Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad I got to be there to witness it!

Madison Grunig said...

Happy Anniversary! It was nice to be in the temple with you. Hope you guys had a great day.

Emily Anne Leyland said...

I didn't realize we got married so close together. Our 12th anniversary is on Sept. 27th. Congrats girl!!

Andrea said...

Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...