"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, August 30, 2009

peaches. peaches. peaches.

I bought 25 pounds of Colorado peaches for $20 this year and decided to can them...by myself. Last year I canned as well, but with a group of ladies and I didn't do the entire process. I was quite intimidated by the whole ordeal but I did a simple search online and I attempted to can. Nine jars were filled to the brim and I froze a few bags and the kids at the rest! They were so yummy! Down to food storage they go, they are going to be so delish in the winter!

Posted by Picasa
Pin It!

11 comments:

alison said...

they look super fab!

Ellen said...

Yum...When I grow up I plan on learning how to can:) Good job!

me said...

Let the converting begin! hehe ;) Good job, Alison, they look maaahvelous!

Darci said...

You are so brave, wonderful and nuts at the same time. Now I know there's nothing you can and won't do. I want some! =)

Hadzters said...

You go girl! They look very yummy.

Kris said...

You can pay for your lodging with peaches anytime. Yummm!

Lori Davis said...

Nice job, girl! I am SO impressed! That will be a bright spot in a long midwest winter!

Joanne said...

Oh, I remember the days of canning. I still have lots of jars around, but no motivation to fill them. You seem to have stolen all my motivation and creativity. They look beautiful. Nice job. I kept waiting for a call from you with questions. You are a quick study! Enjoy. Mom

Anonymous said...

I will be calling you soon for help. We have an apple tree and I so want to can a few things!

Maybe you can hop on over to help...if only huh!

Aaron & Nancy said...

Yummy! I'm going to try canning for my first time next week...wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

I learned by watching then on my own. It was fun. We have so much fruit and vegetables and I am not canning I have a case still left over from last year of peaches. You are very talented. Love your blog. It is so professional. How do you like the book your reading is it worth buying? Gma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...